Skip to content

Ascension Mod Questions

danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
Hi,

I have just updated to v1.3 and hopefully will have some time to play this over the holidays, but I was wondering about old mods in BG2EE.

I have found my old Dave Gaider Ascension and tougher battles mod files - will they work in BG2EE on Windows if I install them the same way as for the original (iirc it was unzipping them to the override folder or something)?

If they do work in Windows, how about in the Android version? (am thinking of getting that too!)

I have read through a long Ascension mod thread talking about converting it to be compatible with BG2EE, but I couldn't tell if that was because they would break in BG2EE or they simply wouldn't take advantage of the new stuff. If they do work to some extent, I am happy just to use my existing files rather than install BP etc or wait for an official compatible version. I am also interested in using them on the Android version too! I can't imagine playing TOB without Ascension now :)

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @danbo0001‌ and welcome to the forum! Hope you'll enjoy your game on the holidays.

In short, only the Ascension from the BP works with BG2EE. But it has some problems too (some of them can be decided, some not). For more detailed information, check http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23076/state-of-ascension#latest , especially the last several pages of that thread.
  • danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
    Hi bengoshi, thanks for that! It's been quite a long time since I played the original so I am definitely looking forward to it :)

But I think maybe I will play just up to the end of SOA then and wait for further info on Ascension to make sure I use a version without any issues.

Maybe if there is an official Ascension at some point, this could be rolled out to the Android BG2EE as well - I am happy to wait. Got so many games to play and so little time ;-)
    JuliusBorisovT2av