Skip to content

#11061 Melfs Minute Meteors and Energy Blades APR

zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Melfs Minute Meteors continues to give 5 APR after all the meteors are thrown until game is saved. Same for Energy Blades (but APR 9).
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Can you upload a saved game where your character has one or both of those spells memorized?
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Tagged as #11061
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    My sorcerer was removed from BP2 arena with Energy Blades still active and as a result he is now permanently Improved Hasted with 9 APR. I'm not complaining but maybe someone wants to prevent this bug from happening in the future. :smiley:
    T2av
    Yeah, it's on the list @Yannir‌ so I've moved your report here.
    Thanks
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, @Gate70

Edit and PS. Is there some kind of God Mode for chars past a certain level? :smiley:
    Post edited by Yannir on
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i really hope somebody makes a hotfix for this. it seems a little cheaty, especially if I were to have a fighter/mage get this bug. as it stands I'll likely be avoiding ever using any of those spells unless it is fixed.
    ParysDarKelP_Luke_T2av
    Was just thinking since my monk suddenly got a -14 AC bonus after hitting lvl 35. And his AC was alrdy -14.
  • Feral_SnowbornFeral_Snowborn Member Posts: 15
    Anybody have any leads on a fix for this?

I love MMM, but 5 APR at level 8 is pretty crazy.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2015

i really hope somebody makes a hotfix for this. it seems a little cheaty, especially if I were to have a fighter/mage get this bug. as it stands I'll likely be avoiding ever using any of those spells unless it is fixed.

Not a real fix but better than nothing.
    Post edited by Maxxximus on
    edited January 2015
    When summoned item in weapon slots vanishes any acquired by spell buff still remain in that slot and permanently affecting slot and any weapon that was before in that slot.

5 apr will vanish after 60sec even if meteors still not used.
    put this into Override folder
    Post edited by Maxxximus on
    JuliusBorisov
    Energy Blades 4 min
    42 sec just enough for shoot ~17 meteors.
    Energy Blades 26 sec just enough for shoot all of them.
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Quick question - I placed the above hotfix in my override folder but Melf's Minute Meteors are still being treating the same way in-game (as an unequippable magic item). Is there any place specific in the override folder this file should go? Thanks!
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Nevermind the above, I got it to work.

Is there any way we could get an Energy Blades fix like the MMM fix Timebomb provided? Thanks!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Yannir said:

My sorcerer was removed from BP2 arena with Energy Blades still active and as a result he is now permanently Improved Hasted with 9 APR. I'm not complaining but maybe someone wants to prevent this bug from happening in the future. :smiley:

@Gate70 A similar issue affects Druids who are in one of their available forms when a battle ends. After returning to the Market area, the Druid is displayed as a wolf / sword spider / earth elemental / etc., but his / her stats ( thac0 & AC ) refer to the human form!
    I can't reproduce this @Luke93 as the shifted stats remain. Is this Android/iPad and are you using a language other than English - might as well try to reproduce on the same terms.
    Thanks
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2015
    @Gate70 I'm playing the game in English on an iPad.

EDIT: To be honest, I can't reproduce the "issue" anymore. Perhaps, I simply was wrong.
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    OK, or it's intermittent :(
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    It also happens with ammo like arrows and crossbow bolts.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2015
    This sounds really similar to what I'm experiencing with cursed bows and crossbows :

Say you have a cursed bow from a mod or you could modify mana bow (BOW13) for testing, when it is removed by a Remove Curse the attached effects of the bow remain indefinitely.
    semiticgoddess
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited July 2015
    Wrong folder; post removed
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Arg! I should have started a new thread for this. My bad.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Hello there! :)

I have recently discovered this major problem to the game. The bug doesn't only effect Melf's Minute Meteors, but all kinds of equipment that disapears such as arrows and darts. This means that not only does it make a mage overpowered with Melf's minute meteors and the like, but also make your warriors increasingly powerful handling e.g. a 2-handed sword after fireing some arrows since a bow usually has more APR than a normal sword.

Does anyone know when a new patch will be released? I simply cannot play the game whilst knowing this major downside to the game. Very disapointed indeed.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I made some in-depth test which I described in this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44774/melfs-minute-meteors-5-attacks-per-round-fix
    I ll just copy-paste what I wrote:
    I just tested the extension of that bug to bows as @MWO mentioned.
    Here is how I just did it
    Equipped Tuigan bow on a lvl 24 blackguard who's specialized in shortbow, with gauntlet of extraordinary specialization. That's 5APR.
    I equipped one single arrow and used it on the first Umber hulk I could find.
    My character automatically switched for Unholy Reaver which is the other weapon he has equipped, that's the normal behaviour when running out of ammo. He kept his 5 APR instead of getting back to 3.
    I tested it with three types of arrow, namely +2, Dispelling and Detonation, worked the same way.
    I then tried it with the other ranged weapons that modify APR, namely darts and throwing daggers, it behaved exactly as with the bows and arrows:
    When running out of ammo you will keep the base APR of the ranged, and add any bonus (E.G. proficiencies) you have to this.
    Reloading fixes this as well.
    Regarding how it behaves with various ranged weapon, if you use, let's say a bow, run out of ammo and switch for a sling which has 1 base APR, you will have the normal sling APR.
    If you do the same and switch for a melee/ranged weapon, i.e. a magical returning throwing axe/hammer, you will retain the APR from the bow

Note that it works as well with any melee weapon from a shapeshifting, if you dispel it with, for example a shocking grasp in a sequencer. Not too sure whether it is related however since this particular bug lasts since the first release of BG2 while I believe MMM/EB bugs are EE-only.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    bob_veng