Skip to content

No New Portraits in IWDEE?

BGEE and BG2EE both included new portraits for character customization that were quite nice. I'm quite disappointed to find that Icewind Dale EE features none new portraits.

Comments

• yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    they added IWDII portraits, I think these are considered as new.
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    Did they include the BG portraits as well?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Did they include the BG portraits as well?

No, but if you have purchased BG or BG2 (any version), it is an easy transfer over.
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    Doh.

I think they should have left them in, they were there when the first screens of the game were shown. Obviously they took more effort to actually 'Take out'.

Oh well, I do have BG 1&2 EE, I'm sure I can figure out easily enough to to move them over..........
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    yazgang said:

they added IWDII portraits, I think these are considered as new.

This one is missing and I don't know why, of course it was one of my favorite, not like I can't add it back anyway.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    They only added a few IWD2 portraits. Still a lot if them missing.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Actually, a question to the Devs: why some portraits from IWD2 were added while other were not?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    deserk said:

Icewind Dale EE features none new portraits.

this sucks

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Ardul said:

Why not all of them, though?

Could be that a huge number of the IWD2 portraits are for Drow, Asimir, and the like which are not present as playable races in IWD.
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2014
    (I am removing this because I just realised I was utterly wrong about half-orcs not being in the game, what an idiot eh?)
    Post edited by Aethernaut on