Skip to content

Hi so are muli-class OP?

Or is this a glitch... I used the cheat and all three classes are allowed to get maxed to 30 fighter mage and cleric ? a dual class can't max out both classes......

So curious not sure if this is a glitch. Seems like if it is possible then we should all be multi classed characters as the others are obsolete.

Comments

• michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
    I guess it could also be a glitch on the dual class as well may be they are supposed to be able to max out on both.,
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    It's not a glitch. It's just that without cheating, you'd never get that much xp to achieve such high levels.

For example with a full party, my Fighter/Mage protagonist never got to use lv9 Arcane spells even until the end of Throne of Bhaal. In contrast if he was a Dual-Class Fighter=>Mage, he should have got there around the end of Shadow of Amn.
    edited December 2014
    @Heindrich but you could replay the it and import till you get to max levels right? Also I am playing Ice Wind Dale for the first time I loved BG2 ToB so much I just realized this game and bought it LOL I am so excited to play threw it!

I also noticed the multiclassed saving throws are even better OMG a lot better. Never mind the health gained from fighter and all the extra levels.

So I normally play a sorcerer to make the Big Bad Ass Kill all character LOL so I normally don't even use mages. But this multiclass seems even possibly more powerful than the sorcerer.

With the sorcerer by picking the right spells I could basically handle anything. Especially with the spell that cuplicates your character for the Same Level enabling you to use all those spells without wasting your main sorcerors spells.

So what I am thinking is muti class fighter mage priest might be better than a sorcerer.
    But the sorcerer still has some things that multi cant get like a elf gets 90% immunity to sleep and charm spells I think. Half elf only gets 30% I think. Sorceror will still be able to cast MORE mage spells as well but the multiclass can cast all those preist spells PLUS mage spells PLUS fighter bonus in health.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Replaying the game repeatedly with an over-leveled party is little different to just cheating in max xp. It is still cheating. I personally don't enjoy playing like that, but by all means, everyone is free to play the game however they enjoy it.

However in relation to your question of "Are Multi-class so OP that all other characters are obsolete?" The answer is, no, not if you played the game without cheating.

"Is a max'd out 3-class Multi-class character stronger than max'd out dual-class or single class?" Of course, he has more than twice the xp.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited December 2014
    Because IWD has a level cap and not an XP cap like BG, multiclass characters will have an advantage over duals and single-class characters in the long run.

The sorcerer's principle advantage in IWD is access to spells much earlier than the game provides, if it provides it at all. The game was simply not made with a sorcerer in mind and as a result they create an unbalance, imo.

So, in that case it is not clear who is stronger between /M and sorcerer. They both have their advantages, higher levels and overall utility vs. refined spell selection.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If you play solo in BG through the whole Trilogy (BG1, SoA and ToB) you easily reach level 40 in the three classes if you remove the XP cap.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm doing a 2 character multiplayer run of Heart of Fury difficulty with a Fighter/ Mage/Cleric and a Fighter/Mage/Thief.

With the crazy xp gain and only 2 characters we have a decent chance of hitting the level cap.

Already on the last level of Dragons Eye they are a force to be reckoned with, not sure how we'll go with the big bad boss there though.

On the other hand I have another Heart of Fury run with 5 dual classes characters and a Skald. Absolutely powerful team that is now steam rolling the game (buffing is tedious though).

Bottom line is that missing out on Grandmastery and needing almost double or triple the xp to get high level spells is almost never worth it.
    @Wowo nice ! wish I was running threw with you. But I am going to solo it and enjoy the flavor of it for the first time before I run online.

Hell BG2 SoA & ToB never got boring the story and gameplay SO MUCH FUN never got enough.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    For the record dual classing in IWDEE is glitched at the moment. You should be able to get to to level 30 in the 2nd class regardless of when you dual.