Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Multiclass Ranger/Cleric doesn`t have druid spells higher than level 3

Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hey i have made a multiclass ranger/cleric in TOB but my character didn`t have Druid spells higher than level 3.
Is this a bug or is this normal?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    This is intended. Rangers only have access to Druid spells up to level 3. Clerics have access to Cleric spells. Therefore, a Ranger/Cleric gets access to all Cleric spells through the Cleric class, and to Druid spells up to level 3 through the Ranger class.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    ok this is new. In the original game the Ranger/cleric get access to all divine spells. Farewell to one of my favourite solo class^^. Thank you for your answer.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @Wutan1988‌
    I think you can toggle the "Cleric Ranger Spells" parameter in your baldur.ini file.
    This will re-enable the previous feature/bug.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    That was a bug/exploit fix. Even BGEE had that, I believe.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    Archaos said:

Even BGEE had that, I believe.

Nope.

As for it being intended or not to be restricted by default I don't know if that has been officially established or not. Having Max HP on level up as the default setting was apparently an oversight, so its possible the cleric ranger spells was added into the ini file with the rest of the things from IWDEE (like Nightmare Mode) and that the setting of it to 1 rather than 0 was an oversight. I certainly hope so anyways.

That said as Musigny pointed out if you go to the baldur.ini file in your documents folder and look up the "Cleric Ranger Spells" line (its near the bottom of the file) you can change the value there from 1 to 0. That should let you get all the spells again.
    Post edited by elminster on
    @elminster‌
    @Musigny‌
    thank you to both of you.
    i will try it and post my result later
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The original cleric/ranger problem was an engine limitation, finally removed in the EE.
    ok i changed the value from the "Cleric Ranger Spells" line from 1 to 0. Now i have all my divine spells back;D. What should i say? I like it old school^^. Thanks a lot to elminster and Musigny.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Credits go to @elminster. I haven't investigated the full set of new options yet.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK, going to tag as not an issue.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.