Skip to content

trouble etting eekeeper to work with iwd

are there instructions anywhere to assist e in getting this to work? i am running on windows 7 it says beamdog when i load the game however i dont seem to have a beamdog application anywhere, and the latest version i have 1.0.2.5 or whatever its called because version 6 wouldnt extract for some reason

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Do you have the most recent Java? If you aren't having success with the latest verison of NI, that is probably why. It has been a little while since I set up NI, but I think you have to navigate to the chitin.key. This should be located in your game folder
  • ajisgod321ajisgod321 Member Posts: 58
    I have no idea what any of that means
    Grammarsaladjackjack
    I just don't really know the steps to add iwd to eekeeper
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm sorry,I thought your were talking about near infinity fur some reason...unfortunately I haven't used the keepers I a long, long time
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @ajisgod321

are there instructions anywhere to assist e in getting this to work? i am running on windows 7 it says beamdog when i load the game however i dont seem to have a beamdog application anywhere, and the latest version i have 1.0.2.5 or whatever its called because version 6 wouldnt extract for some reason

@ajisgod321 What do you mean you don't seem to have a beamdog application anywhere? Did you set the correct directories in (menu) -> Settings -> Installation Directory?

Here you can find some instructions. It may offer help even though it's not made for IWD per se.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/eekeeper/wiki/Setup/

Troodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @ajisgod321, it would be better for you to use 1.0.2.6. What issues did you have when extracting it?

As for the information—at what point in the setup are you having trouble?
    jackjack
    I just don't know what information is supposed to go onto each line and what I mean is that I downloaded off the beamdog site but I don't recall using a beamdog client. Ijjust have an iwd icon that I double click I don'topen anything uup to access it.
    When I tried to extract version 6 a text box came up and said that I needed something or something to that effect I don't recall I will try to download it again and see what happens
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @ajisgod321,

Assuming you're using either Beamdog's standalone installer (not the client), then you should be able to right-click on the icon you have and press Properties, then press the button labelled "Open File Location." If you are using Beamdog's standalone installer, then that will bring you to the launcher's directory—not the game directory—which means you will need to follow through /Data/00798/. In the numbered folder should be a file called chitin.key. If you find a file called chitin.key before going to Data and then to 00798, then you know you have the right folder regardless.

In Keeper 1.0.2.5/6, you need to type in a name for the profile (e.g. Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition or IWD:EE), then press Add, then enter in the folder you found (assuming you did manage to find it with the details above) into the text box under "Installation Directory". Then select a language. Then, under "User Save Data Directory", enter in the path to the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition folder in your Documents directory; e.g. C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\.

When you have entered all the required information, press Apply to save it to your profile.

Also note that if you downloaded the SFX installer for Keeper, rather than the Zip file, you will probably want to change the default installation location.
    Sweet that was exactly what I was looking for. I got everything indexed bow thank you for the assistance however I will try to download version 6and post what is in the message box becausei don't want to be hindered when it comes to updates