Skip to content

11134 Creatures should not have BG1 weapon proficiencies

MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1.Minotaur: hit like a baby,(have axes but no prof) ICMIN01.CRE UHOGRE03.CRE
2.Edwin spawn: when you were already on the 3 floor, edwin was not spawning AR0304.BCS
3.Azuredge +3: not +3 anywhere (+3 THACO when missile) AX1H10.ITM
4.Fortress Shield +3: must be Fortress Shield +4 7676
5.The Whistling Sword +2: pretty sword without any abilities but expensive. I'm suggesting a deaf spell cast 1 per day SW1H29.ITM
6.Slaver Guard: (which guarding the entrance) xp for kill 20 must be 420 SLAVER1.CRE
7.Morning knights: have large sword proficiency instead of spear C6KNGT1.CRE LATKNI01.CRE LATKNI02.CRE PROPLAT.CRE
8.Poisoned Throwing Dagger: price 1g must be i don't know 5g DAGG16.ITM
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Thanks @Maxximus‌
    It is easier to work through these if posted as separate topics with relevant titles. Also easier for other forum users as they don't have to read through the detail of each post to see if the issue is the same as they are experiencing.
    Fortress shield. Why should it be +4, example below?

A buckler gives +1 protection. Unenchanted shield provides a basic bonus.
    A buckler +1 gives +2 protection. Slightly enchanted shield provides additional bonus.
    & so on.
    Edwin
    I left Minsc near to where Edwin should appear, sent the protagonist downstairs to speak to Aran Linvail and handed over the amulet. Was told to speak to Edwin, clicked on Minsc and Edwin was next to him. Is this not happening for you, or is that not the test you meant.
    Thanks
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Gate70 said:

Edwin
    I left Minsc near to where Edwin should appear, sent the protagonist downstairs to speak to Aran Linvail and handed over the amulet. Was told to speak to Edwin, clicked on Minsc and Edwin was next to him. Is this not happening for you, or is that not the test you meant.
    Thanks

Try without leaving anyone, i handed over the amulet then went upstairs and edwin appeared for 1 sec then disappear again.
    Whistling Sword. Would need to be requested in the feature request section.
    Thanks
    Have longswords but no prof
    ICYUAN01
    Edwin spawning ok when u first "visiting" ar0304 but if you was there before, he appears for 1 sec and disappears again
    Sorry for my english it's not my native language.
    edited January 2015
    Maxxximus said:

Gate70 said:

Edwin
    Thanks

Try without leaving anyone, i handed over the amulet then went upstairs and edwin appeared for 1 sec then disappear again.
    With nobody in that area, Edwin is present when I arrive and remains there. n.b. I'd tested both having been in that area before handing the amulet over, and not being in that area before.
    Poisoned throwing daggers. 2gp to buy and 1gp to sell in the original game. A bargain, but possibly a limited supply? Again, would need to be a feature request.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

Maxxximus said:

Gate70 said:

Edwin
    Thanks

With nobody in that area, Edwin is present when I arrive and remains there. n.b. I'd tested both having been in that area before handing the amulet over, and not being in that area before.
    Ok, sorry for bothering u.
    Minotaur and Morning Knights tagged.
    11134 Creatures should not have BG1 weapon proficiencies
    Thanks
    Slaver guard shows as 20xp in the original game too, would suggest a feature request for this one too.
    Thanks
    I think Azuredge is working as expected. The THAC0 and Damage are both normal values, the +3 signifies the axe can injure creatures immune to +2 or lesser weapons. Tested with the Aslyferund chain mail.
    Thanks
    I've renamed the thread, probably best to create new ones if the other items need discussing further.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

I've renamed the thread, probably best to create new ones if the other items need discussing further.
    Thanks

Gate70 said:

Thanks

TY
    Hi @Maxximus‌
    & after saying report separately, I've merged the yuan-ti into this to keep the weapon proficiency parts together. May end up being split out when the devs get to look at it.

Thanks for your reports so far.
    edited January 2015
    Heya @Gate70‌ We have a big problem with this report.
    LOTS of NPC have bg1 profs and they working(profs) so if they will be removed it's will be a catastrophe, lots of NPCs will be helpless girls with rainbows launchers instead of real opponents so devs must add new proper profs after deleting old.
    Or don't delete anything and just change profs to proper ones like i suggested with morning knights(they have spears but prof 4 in Large swords so they hit for 1 dmg like squirrels (It's a KNIGHTS ffs :smile: )(after changing to spears 4, this guys could really kill some1 now).
    Thanks for reading, I hope devs not started work with cleaning profs yet :wink: