Skip to content

Proficiency: Gun

DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
So, I've been browsing stuff in DLTCEP looking for fun stuff to change, and I entered Carsomyr (SW2H10). Since I didn't know how doing stuff on hit was done, I wanted to take a look at what's here. To my surprise, at equipping effects I found opcode 233 Stat: Proficiency. Curious why Carsomyr would mess with that I entered the details, and there...
On equip it sets the proficiency to 5.
Type 109 - Gun.

Did one of my mods (Ascencion or Weimar item upgrade) do this? If so, did this proficiency exist in the vanilla game? If it does - why? What would be the purpose of that?

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited January 2015
    Seems like Ascension adds this effect to all two-handed melee weapons. For what purpose, I can not tell.

Edit: On further inspection it seems like all melee weapons are affected. The proficiency is set to the enchantment level of the weapon so most likely it's used by some enemy AI script to check what kind of weapon your character is using.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    This is from the Detectable Spells package, which was also included into BGII:EE. All weapons set the 109th proficiency value to match their enchantment level. Note that it is only called "gun" in the DLTCEP interface, not in the actual game files where it's labelled as WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT parameter.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Dang, Holy Avenger Shotgun sounded so nice too.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    kcwise said:

If I had a Holy Avenger Shotgun I'd name it Boomstick.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    kcwise said:

You can play a Shotgun Crusader build in Diablo 3....
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Gun swords were a thing, so that would be kind of awesome.

Here's a Spanish Flintlock from the 17th century.

Should be interesting that Pillars of Eternity is going to include early fire arms.