Skip to content

HELP! Mod Install Order

carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
Hello, I need help, I'm trying to mod BGEE BGIIEE and IWDEE, when I was a wee little happy geek I played the originals but didn't know about mods. Now that I bought the Enhanced Editions, I wish to play the mods but every time I try a new install order I get an error. Please help me! I'm going to list the mods I've downloaded with their forum link and tell me if they're the same you have, then what order did you used; or if not then what order of installation you recommend.

BGEE:
-Battle Enhancer Mod
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19856/bg-ee-charan-s-harsh-faerun-mod-ver-1-0-released/p1
-Sword Coast Stratagems
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23453/sword-coast-stratagems-is-now-available-for-bg-ee-and-bgii-ee/p1
-Neera Expansion
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10145/mod-neera-dialogue-expansion-and-flirts/p1
-Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13451/mod-deidre-and-joluv-in-bgee/p1
-More Style for Mages
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-major-update/p1
-TeamBG's Armor Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13314/mod-teambgs-armor-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-TeamBG's Weapon Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14154/mod-teambgs-weapon-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-PackMule
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17046/mod-w_packmule-for-bgee/p1
-Teleport Spell
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29872/teleport-spell-mod/p1
-Dark Horizons
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18833/bg-ee-dark-horizons-released/p1
-Drizzt Saga
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29969/drizzt-saga-v3-released-now-bgee-compatible/p1
-IWDification
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19962/g3-announces-iwdification-beta-1-available/p1
-Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/bgqe/index.php
-Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/bg_romanticencounters/
-The Lure of the Sirine's Call
forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17901.0.html?PHPSESSID=3c8d7ffea2eff99b29c8d016fd874966
-T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15959/mod-twas-a-slow-boat-from-kara-tur-queststorenew-items-release-90/p1
-Scales of Balance
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33657/scales-of-balance-kit-rev-and-tweak-mod/p1
-aTweaks
www.shsforums.net/files/category/99-atweaks/
-BG2 Tweak Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19867/baldur-s-gate-ii-tweak-pack-v12-available-for-download
-Charan's Max Hit Points Rolls
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19871/bg-ee-charan-s-max-hit-points-rolls-for-leveled-companions-ver-0-9/p1
-Difficulty and Tweak
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19928/release-difficulty-and-tweak-mod-ver-6/p1
-Leveled Spawns Mod
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34840/bgee-leveled-spawns-mod-v0-3-updated-2014-12-27/p1
-Revised World Map
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16446/revised-world-map-test/p1
-TeamBG's Level 40 Rule Set/High Level Abilities
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-teambgs-level-40-rule-sethigh-level-abilities/p1
-BP Series Party AI
www.shsforums.net/files/file/1025-bp-series-party-ai-for-bg/

BGIIEE:
-More Style for Mages
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-major-update/p1
-TeamBG's Armor Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13314/mod-teambgs-armor-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-TeamBG's Weapon Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14154/mod-teambgs-weapon-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-PackMule
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17046/mod-w_packmule-for-bgee/p1
-IWDification
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19962/g3-announces-iwdification-beta-1-available/p1
-Scales of Balance
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33657/scales-of-balance-kit-rev-and-tweak-mod/p1
-Tales of the Deep Gardens
www.shsforums.net/files/file/820-tales-of-the-deep-gardens-v100/
-Dungeon Crawl
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=168&Itemid=117
-Assassinations
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=177&Itemid=121
-Back to Brynnlaw
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=186&Itemid=125
-The Sellswords
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=183&Itemid=126
-I Shall Never Forget
www.shsforums.net/files/file/1004-i-shall-never-forget-v42/
-Adalon's Blood
https://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=63
-CoM Encounters
www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=22.0
-Vampire Tales
www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=92.0
-Banter Packs
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=95&Itemid=78
-IEP Extended Banters
www.shsforums.net/files/file/558-iep-extended-banters/
-Unfinished Business
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=101&Itemid=80
-Almateria's Restoration Project
www.shsforums.net/topic/56026-almaterias-restoration-project/
-The Wheels of Prophecy
www.gibberlings3.net/wheels/
-Romantic Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/romanticencounters/
-The Gibberlings 3 Anniversary Mod
www.gibberlings3.net/g3a/
-BG2 Tweak Pack
-Sword Coast Stratagems
-aTweaks
-BP Series Party AI

IWDEE:
-More Style for Mages
-Scales of Balance
-No Restrictions
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37479/no-restrictions
-House Rules for IWD:EE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37290/house-rules-for-iwd-ee-iwdee-tweaks
-aTweaks
-BG2 Tweak Pack
-IWD NPC v5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29278.0.html
-Minor NPC Portraits for IWDEE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37001/mod-minor-npc-portraits-for-iwdee/p1

I'm open to other suggestions as well, if I need to delete some mods of the list or anything else, please HELP!

Comments

• AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2015
    Your best bet is to do your research here: http://www.shsforums.net/forum/193-mega-mod-help/
    You might be even able to use BWP and BWSetup for determining most of the order for you. ;)

Edit: I forgot one important detail: BWP isn’t compatible with BGEE (I think). BUT you can still find its install orders, etc. And if you own the non-EE versions, you can actually use BWP as I suggested above.
    Wilbur
  • carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, I read some discussions on that forum, I'm going to try to use it to mod BG1 (not EE), and see what order it comes with

But for what I understand is that to use BWP or BWS you need both BG1 and BG2SoA w/out ToB, is that right? Sorry, so new to modding

Also any recommendations from yourself regarding the order?
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2015
    It’s been ages since I did a mega-mod install myself. I never tried doing it on BG1 alone, as one of the main features I wanted was the BG2 engine, so BG2 was absolutely required. That’s not longer true with BGEE. :)

But my vague memory is that when I had to manually resolve some conflicts, I did a very thorough search of that forum. I came upon some links to installation guides and a lot of discussions about mod compatibility. These can be used to work out which mods were causing trouble and ditch the less important ones.

I’d start my reading here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/30669-guidelines-attempting-a-mega-modification-installation/
    and here: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/
    and another one: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/

Another idea is that now I’d try to browse through the files of BWP (or was it BWSetup? I can’t remember which did what…) with some reliable text editor. I think the order used is stored somewhere over there and accessible easily enough. Then all you’d need to do would be to find your chosen mods in the list and apply that order. :)

Finally, as for a general remark and concerning newer, unlisted mods: the general idea is that mods that overwrite files (non-weidu mods) should go first, then mods which change the spell and/or item mechanics, quest and banter mods, new NPCs mods and game rule mods (like SCS os BGTweaks).

But with a mega-mod installation be prepared to test your patience. A lot. The installation alone can take several hours (not counting the research prior to it), then if you encounter game-breaking bugs that’s another several hours of determining the mod at fault and then reinstalling (often most everything). I’m running only several mods on BG1EE at this moment (TeamBG’s item packs, Romantic Encounters, Unfinished Business, NPC Project, BG2Tweaks, SCS and Item Randomizer) and I’m already having bugs… The mega-mod experience is worth it, but it is really patience-testing. :)
    Wilbur
  • carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    OK, I'm doing all the research I can, those three links are very good on info, you really helped a lot thanks
    Wilburjackjack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AstroBryGuyjackjackAsthner
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

The best resource is the BWS Guide PDF. You can search for it, but make sure you have the most recent version. Even that's not bulletproof, nothing is set in stone with this stuff and nothing is guaranteed.

Hesitantly, here's a link to my BGT mod order. But lots of mods that you mention are not in there, so to see where they fit you have to 1) read that PDF; 2) read the mod readmes; 3) search around for discussion of them; 4) ask more specific questions; and 5) use common sense. There's no One True Way, or someone would have published it and probably automated it. (BWS is close, but far from perfect.)

Link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/581648/#Comment_581648

Basically you want something like:
    - quests
    - NPCs
    - spells
    - items
    - kits
    - tweaks
    - SCS

But there are a lot of exceptions and weird interactions. Do your research.

Two additions to this list:

1. Any "copy the files into the override directory" should go first. Otherwise, they could wipe out previously installed mods.

2. aTweaks after SCS.
    Asthner
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AstroBryGuy