Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE *SPOILERS*

124»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    A number of items mentioned by Gamebanshee aren't available unless you use mods/the console. The ring of the warrior thief would be an example (since it was removed from the random loot table by the heart of winter expansion).
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Rings, particularly non-AC adding rings (which can't be used w/ magic armor) seem to be particularly lacking. Anyone find any good new ones? I find myself using a lot of free action rings, rings of wizardry and holiness (even though I don't NEED the spells) ... not even sure what to wear on my bard (who's in Kaylessa's armor) - lesser resistance? missile resistance?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Is there only one Spell Sequencer scroll (at the Necromancers tower) or is there another one somewhere?

Is the Rogue Cowl supposed to stop critical hits?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited December 2014
    Wowo said:

I believe only helms stop critical hits in IWD, not other things you wear on your head. Those do stop crits in BG2, but not IWD afaik. Cowl may be special idk.
    jackjack

Wowo said:

I believe only helms stop critical hits in IWD, not other things you wear on your head. Those do stop crits in BG2, but not IWD afaik.
    Okay well my FMT is wearing the Rogue's Cowl and got crited by a Remorhaz and didn't die and it said that the critical bit was averted by the helm.
    JuliusBorisovProont
    Cowl may work as a proper helm then. But not things like Ioun Stones etc., at least not to my knowledge. Admittedly, I've put IWD on ice (pun!) for now, until a proper strategy mod comes out so I may be rusty and/or outdated.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovCedeos
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I can confirm the Cowl protects from critical hits. The relevant flag is unchecked for that item. It is not for Ioun Stones though, as @Lord_Tansheron pointed out.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovCedeos
    Abel said:

I can confirm the Cowl protects from critical hits. The relevant flag is unchecked for that item. It is not for Ioun Stones though, as @Lord_Tansheron pointed out.

That's a pretty huge windfall for rogues. Hell, that makes them even better tanks than kensei's.

#ohnonotthisagain
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    "I took a mace to the head - it could have crushed my cranium and sprayed brains in a ten foot arc BUT luckily I was wearing this... uh... COWL... and... I guess it somehow...

I'm dead, right? This is just a weird afterlife hallucination, right?

There's no way a flimsy little cowl could have...

Right?

RIGHT?!"

"I took a mace to the head - it could have crushed my cranium and sprayed brains in a ten foot arc BUT luckily I was wearing this... uh... COWL... and... I guess it somehow...

I'm dead, right? This is just a weird afterlife hallucination, right?

There's no way a flimsy little cowl could have...

Right?

RIGHT?!"

Well I was watching mythbusters last night and it turns out that paper armour is as strong as steel armour and able to stop swords, arrows and even period bullets.

I was particularly interested in the slight variations of performance against the various damage types - bludgeoning, slashing and piercing - that a D&D player is familiar with that actually work in RL too.
    Pibaro
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    so no LEAT08? seems to be a lot left out?

• Log_HorizonLog_Horizon Member Posts: 8
    Ring of the Warrior is still obtainable in IWD:EE in a tomb in the vale of shadows. Random drop off Skeleton you talk to. May have to reload and try several times to get it to drop. Not all helm's protect from Critical hits. If it doesn't state it in the description then it doesn't protect you from them. There are several helmets which do not.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovWithinAmnesia

Ring of the Warrior is still obtainable in IWD:EE in a tomb in the vale of shadows. Random drop off Skeleton you talk to. May have to reload and try several times to get it to drop. Not all helm's protect from Critical hits. If it doesn't state it in the description then it doesn't protect you from them. There are several helmets which do not.

As we established the Rogues Cowl does in fact protect against critical hits while not stating it in the description.

I just found Bonecleaver +1, +3 vs skeletal undead (a two handed sword) in the chest that drops the Bastard Sword of Action +1 in Dragons Eye level 5. Is this a new item as it isnt listed on DSimpwons FAQ?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Always wished they put just ONE MORE Fireball scroll in IWD. There's only one in the whole darn game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    Seldar said:

hey, I dont know if it is a new item added by the EE (or I dont remember if it was in the vanilla game), but I found a mithral war hammer somewhere in Deep Dorn. I can't use it, it's not like a weapon, but like a symbol. I brought it to Conlon... He said this warhammer is enchanted but he can't do anything with it, because he doesnt know how the enchantment works. He asked me to find more clue about the dwarf clan who made this artefact, Battlehammer... does anyone know how to complete this quest ? Is this the famous Aegis-Fang ? the weapon of Wulfgar ?

I found this in Dorn's Deep and when I talked with Conlan a dialogue opens up further if you have the Stoutward Shield :)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

Always wished they put just ONE MORE Fireball scroll in IWD. There's only one in the whole darn game.

Well they added the Sorcerer class, doesn't that also solve the problem? :P
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    ineth said:

Well they added the Sorcerer class, doesn't that also solve the problem? :P
    Not fully, since there's still the temptation to use multiclassed mages twice... well I suppose you could go C/T + F/M/C in lieu of F/M/T + F/M/C, but it is a weaker and more restricted pairing