Skip to content

[GUI Mod] BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE (for v1.3 only)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    @Danathion: I see, that you're using tweaks no gaps component. Does it happen even without it?
    About the request, it shouldn't be much of a problem, but I don't have a lot of time right now. Maybe around the holidays.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    @Pecca it seems to be something to do with guiw10.chu. I deleted the tweak files from my override folder and tested - it was fine. I replaced guiw10.chu and guwbtp10.mos from the windows folder - the problem reoccurred. I deleted guiw10.chu - its fine again.

Thanks for your consideration and no rush at all, I look forward to seeing it when you have time! ;)
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Pecca said:

Alright, I compiled WeiDU for transparent sidebars. It works for both vanilla GUIs and the GUI switch mod (transparent sidebars must be installed after). But I will need confirmations, that the buttons are in exact positions as the originals (select other in-game screens, such as inventory, and see if the buttons move, even slightly) to move it out of beta. BG2:EE has the "no gaps" tweak as an option, the gui switch mod will have it after the patch comes.

Some about the mod:
    How it works is that I create new buttons in DLTCEP and assign them existing IDs of buttons I want to show on the screen. Then, they have to be manually put in place, that's why WeiDU asks you to enter your screen resolution and calculates positions from that. These duplicates are then "hard set" on the screen, above the originals, meaning, they are always there, and always accessible (with the exception of pressing H button, which still clears the screen of everything), so if you collapse the sidebars, the buttons will remain in place.

Main disadvantages of this are:
    -Buttons may block the edge of the screen and the way out of the map (Although there is tiny space between the edge of map and buttons) and on larger resolutions there is plenty of other space.
    -All six portrait buttons are visible and if you don't have six members in a party, remaining slots will be empty (see the screenshots in the post above). I tried to mitigate this by allowing you to choose to show less portraits during WeiDU installations, if you want to play a run with less then six characters. And I will add transparent slots, so they are not just black.
    -Record and Journal buttons don't highlight on level-up or journal update.
    -Be cautious about AI button, sometimes it switches and I don't know why (even if it's caused by this). Tab tooltip never lies though.
    -Most importantly though: Portrait slots with collapsed sidebars can't be used as targets for spells and other actions! This I have been trying to figure out for some time, but I failed. You must recover the right sidebar if you want to target a portrait and it works normally (necessity for raise dead spells), otherwise you must target sprites (I actually got used to this). Character selection works as usual.

Some advantages (aside more screen obviously):
    -You can quit/load game during conversation by clicking on options button.
    -You can exploit buttons to "cheat death". If you die, you can press options or any other button to get to other in-game screen. When you go back, the screen is unlocked, but the dialog window is still locked. You will unlock it by grabbing anything from ground. They party members must resurrect you.

Ok, this is the best GUI mod EVER!
    I wish that the empty portraits and most of the buttons on the left side were invisible, but I guess you can't have everything :smile:

This mod deserves its own topic.
    kungfuhobbitlolien
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited December 2014
    What a great mod
    Im in BGEE trying with Transparent_Sidebars but I freeze and cant start newgame/load existing games (it hangs on clicking 'New game'/Load game').
    What's the correct install order please?
    Im on windows 8.1 with fresh install running 1920x1080
    Ive installed:

1.GUI Switch v1.4 (Windows, Mac)
    2.Background (Windows, Mac)
    3.Tweaks (Windows, Mac)
    4.Transparent_Sidebars

I can only get Transparent Sidebars working if I install *only* that and none of the other components (and then I have the problem that all the lefthand icons are still pinned to appear).

Please find below debug file, any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks and congrats on a beautiful mod

WeiDU v 23700 Log

setup-Transparent_Sidebars.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 4668432 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 34003 string entries
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Using .\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk

The TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS/TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS.TP2 mod has 16 distinct optional components.
    To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
    than being asked about each one.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
    [I]nstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
    [./DATA/AR01XX.BIF] 35995364 bytes, 533 files, 63 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
    [./DATA/AR2XXX.BIF] 108665168 bytes, 562 files, 42 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/OHAREAS.BIF] 43371920 bytes, 246 files, 12 tilesets

SKIPPING: [Transparent Sidebars for BG:EE GUI]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Show Multiplayer Button]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Show Quick Save Button]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Show Help Button]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Select if you wish less than 6 portraits displayed. -> 1]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Select if you wish less than 6 portraits displayed. -> 2]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Select if you wish less than 6 portraits displayed. -> 3]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Select if you wish less than 6 portraits displayed. -> 4]
    GUI switch detected

SKIPPING: [Select if you wish less than 6 portraits displayed. -> 5]
    GUI switch detected

Installing [Transparent Sidebars for BG:EE GUI Switch Mod] [v1.0]
    Checking for required files ...
    [override/MOS0300.PVRZ] found: 8574 bytes

Enter your X coordinate (the Width of your Display Resolution)
    User answer: "1920"

Enter your Y coordinate (the Height of your Display Resolution)
    User answer: "1080"
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [Transparent_Sidebars/bg2ee/GUIW10.CHU] loaded, 9526 bytes
    override/GUIW10.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIW10.CHU, 9104 bytes
    Copied [Transparent_Sidebars/bg2ee/GUIW10.CHU] to [override/GUIW10.CHU]
    Copying 1 file ...
    [Transparent_Sidebars/mos/GUITRNX.MOS] loaded, 1152 bytes
    Copied [Transparent_Sidebars/mos/GUITRNX.MOS] to [override/GUITRNX.MOS]
    [./override/GUICONT.CHU] loaded, 1744 bytes
    override/GUICONT.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUICONT.CHU, 1744 bytes
    Copied [GUICONT.CHU] to [override/GUICONT.CHU]
    [./override/GUIHELP.CHU] loaded, 3320 bytes
    override/GUIHELP.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIHELP.CHU, 3320 bytes
    Copied [GUIHELP.CHU] to [override/GUIHELP.CHU]
    [./override/GUIINV.CHU] loaded, 7796 bytes
    override/GUIINV.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIINV.CHU, 7796 bytes
    Copied [GUIINV.CHU] to [override/GUIINV.CHU]
    [./override/GUIJRNL.CHU] loaded, 1990 bytes
    override/GUIJRNL.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIJRNL.CHU, 1990 bytes
    Copied [GUIJRNL.CHU] to [override/GUIJRNL.CHU]
    [./override/GUIMAP.CHU] loaded, 2024 bytes
    override/GUIMAP.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIMAP.CHU, 2024 bytes
    Copied [GUIMAP.CHU] to [override/GUIMAP.CHU]
    [./override/GUIMG.CHU] loaded, 9068 bytes
    override/GUIMG.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIMG.CHU, 9068 bytes
    Copied [GUIMG.CHU] to [override/GUIMG.CHU]
    [./override/GUIOPT.CHU] loaded, 11794 bytes
    override/GUIOPT.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIOPT.CHU, 11794 bytes
    Copied [GUIOPT.CHU] to [override/GUIOPT.CHU]
    [./override/GUIPR.CHU] loaded, 3656 bytes
    override/GUIPR.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIPR.CHU, 3656 bytes
    Copied [GUIPR.CHU] to [override/GUIPR.CHU]
    [./override/GUIREC.CHU] loaded, 21648 bytes
    override/GUIREC.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUIREC.CHU, 21648 bytes
    Copied [GUIREC.CHU] to [override/GUIREC.CHU]
    [./override/GUISTORE.CHU] loaded, 12776 bytes
    override/GUISTORE.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/9/override.GUISTORE.CHU, 12776 bytes
    Copied [GUISTORE.CHU] to [override/GUISTORE.CHU]

Installing [Show Multiplayer Button] [v1.0]
    [./override/GUIW10.CHU] loaded, 9526 bytes
    override/GUIW10.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/10/GUIW10.CHU, 9526 bytes
    Copied [GUIW10.CHU] to [override/GUIW10.CHU]

Installing [Show Quick Save Button] [v1.0]
    override/GUIW10.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/11/GUIW10.CHU, 9526 bytes

Installing [Show Help Button] [v1.0]
    override/GUIW10.CHU copied to Transparent_Sidebars/backup/12/GUIW10.CHU, 9526 bytes

Install Component [Select if you want less than 6 portraits displayed.]?
    [N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
    1] 1
    2] 2
    3] 3
    4] 4
    5] 5
    Already Asked About [Select if you want less than 6 portraits displayed.]

SKIPPING: [Transparent Sidebars for BG2:EE GUI]
    skipping bg2ee content

SKIPPING: [Show Multiplayer Button]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Show Quick Save Button]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Show Help Button]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Select if you want less than six portraits displayed. -> 1]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Select if you want less than six portraits displayed. -> 2]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Select if you want less than six portraits displayed. -> 3]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Select if you want less than six portraits displayed. -> 4]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [Select if you want less than six portraits displayed. -> 5]
    skipping bgee content

SKIPPING: [No gaps between buttons on quickbar]
    skipping bgee content
    Saving This Log:
    TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS/TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS.TP2 0 9 Installed ~Transparent Sidebars for BG:EE GUI Switch Mod~
    TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS/TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS.TP2 0 10 Installed ~Show Multiplayer Button~
    TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS/TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS.TP2 0 11 Installed ~Show Quick Save Button~
    TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS/TRANSPARENT_SIDEBARS.TP2 0 12 Installed ~Show Help Button~

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Transparent Sidebars for BG:EE GUI Switch Mod

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Show Multiplayer Button

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Show Quick Save Button

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Show Help Button

WeiDU Timings
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
    <<<<<<<< 0.000
    OUTER_WHILE 0.000
    unmarshal BIFF 0.000
    REQUIRE_FILE 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
    ACTION_READLN 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
    OUTER_SET 0.000
    INCLUDE 0.000
    BUT_ONLY 0.000
    process_patch2 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
    PRINT 0.000
    READ_* 0.000
    saving files 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
    COPY 0.000
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    eval_pe 0.016
    loading files 0.016
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.016
    unmarshal TLK 0.016
    unmarshal KEY 0.031
    Parsing TPA files 0.047
    TOTAL 0.156

@Kungfuhobbit: Strange error has occured. It should work now. I added another component "no gaps between buttons" which needs to be installed if you've applied tweaks before this. In the future, I'll make this automatic, if it works well.
    lolien
    edited December 2014
    @Pecca
    Brilliant, thankyou! :D

Your screens in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/487613/#Comment_487613
    have no icons in the left hand side.
    -Is this a feature you are able to provide in the mod please?
    -Is there any hope that unused portraits could automatically be made to disappear in a future version?
    -For now could I just install your Sidebars mod after all other weidu mods and whenever I add a party member, just reinstall the mod, choosing an extra portrait to be shown? Do you foresee this could break any other non-GUI mods?

-Is there any possibility of updating to BG2EE's remote Quickloot in future please?

Your mod is superlative - superior BG 'look-and-feel' startscreen, skipping the New adventures screen, many neater interface improvements. I wouldn't dream of playing BGEE without it :)
    Post edited by kungfuhobbit on
    lolien
    @Kungfuhobbit: Thanks, I can do a lot in terms of customization, what I released so far is just a very basic beta to see if the button placement works correctly. But I'm not sure if it's possible to make unused portraits to disappear. I can make a completely transparent BAM, so that only portraits without edges would appear, but this might not look very well. If you want to reinstall it after adding another party member, I think it shouldn't conflict with other mods, since it doesn't update dialog.tlk but I can't say it for sure. And what do you mean by updating BG2EE's remote quickloot?
    edited December 2014
    Thankyou for anything you can do in future for the left hand icons and portraits.

In BG2EE 1.3, clicking on items in Quickloot *instantly* collects them, stacks any duplicate items etc

Do you know also know if there is a way to assign a keyboard shortcut/hotkey to opening the Quickloot bar please?

Full details BG2EE 1.3 Release Notes page 10/37:
    IMPROVED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
    The Quick Loot bar now combines stackable items automatically when looted from the ground, and correctly displays usability tints for items you find. Using Quick Loot also no longer requires characters to walk to the items being looted, making the post-combat looting process much faster.
    QUICK LOOT
    The red gem button on the main gameplay screen opens a Quick Loot bar showing all of the items on the ground nearby. Clicking on items from this bar instantly collects them, stacking any duplicate items and making the post-combat clean-up a much smoother experience.
    @kungfuhobbit: So you'd want BG2EE improved quickloot in BG:EE? That's a code thing I'm affraid, we'll have to wait for the official patch. Keyboard shortcut is also a code thing, try feature request section.
    edited January 2015
    @Pecca: Happy new year!

I have another bug report for bg2ee tweaks. Something to do with the record sheet file GUIREC.chu - when levelling up a sorcerer clicking accept, which would normally take you to the spell selection screen, causes a crash.
    @Danathion: Thanks. I thought I would get to it much sooner, but I didn't get the chance yet. My vacation ends on sunday, so I'll get to it next week. I'll take files from the new patch and edit them again from scratch, so there is no need for bug reports, it will be compatible. Happy new year!
    edited January 2015
    @Pecca: You're welcome, but no rush on this. Enjoy your holiday! ;)
    BG2EE GUI Tweaks are finally updated for version 1.3.
    geminibruniDanathionlolien
    Hey @Pecca, thanks for the bg2ee tweaks update. I have another request, though I may be the only person who will appreciate it...

Can you make a tweak pack for bgee please? I'd really like everything to be the same on both the PC and iPad, so my ocd has driven me back to vanilla. I've had a look at your grey gui tweaks, which still work on the PC but are obviously not the right colour.

I understand this is adding more work but with a new start screen (I had a brainstorming session in paint but as you can see I can barely use paint, so...), and your tweaks the standard gui will be pretty much as perfect as it can get.

Thanks again for all your work and your patience with my pestering ;)

lolien
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2015
    @Pecca I have made some improvements in the main screen of Baldur's Gate EE using as a starting point your BGEE & BG2EE work, I hope you like them and use them in your beautiful mod!!

BGEE Game select screen:
    - Baldur's Gate font replaced with the one used in Shadow of Amn and Throne of Baal, nicest!!
    -Dungeon's & Dragon's logo sobstitued
    -version number moved to the center of the screen
    Post edited by geminibruni on
    Danathionlolien
    @Geminibruni: Those are excellent!

A further adjustment to the Baldur's Gate start screen would be to move the 'Dungeons & Dragons' logo to the bottom, as in the Baldur's Gate II start screen, and move the title and 'Enhanced Edition' logo up a bit so that both start screens conform to each other. Also, the version number doesn't appear to be correctly centred.

I'm very jealous of the skill both you and @Pecca have! :)
    geminibrunilolien
    Hi @Danathion, thanks for the compliments, I hope that my ideas are useful to @Pecca to improve this great Mod... I have alredy assessed the suggestion you' ve written above , but in the end I think it's better to keep as much Asus possibile of the nice work done by Pecca, I really appreciate it....
    Also diversifying the two screens is not bad....
    Hi guys, sorry but I don't have much time right now. But if you want @geminibruni you can use my resources to create a tweak and I'll upload it as a component to GUI tweaks, crediting you.
    lolien
    edited January 2015
    @Pecca we can expect that you find some free time so there is no hurry, besides I've never tried to make modding, could you help me about it perhaps with a guide..

I also made some new changes that I hope you find interesting:

I Have changed the eyes of the helm in the Black Pits Screen, I had never fully convinced:

Post edited by geminibruni on
    Danathion
    [UPDATE] - I have made some fixes on the my personal improvements for thi mod of @Pecca, enjoy:

Modified design for the helmet of Black Pits, whit a different eyes coulor:

Final BGEE Game select screen:
    - Baldur's Gate font replaced with the one used in Shadow of Amn and Throne of Baal, nicest!!
    -Dungeon's & Dragon's logo sobstitued
    -Version number moved to the center of the screen
    -Black Pits helmet modified whit a dark eyes
    -Also for some time I have an idea of how you could improve the game selection buttons on the main screen of BGEE, making the two great "logos" (the skull and the helmet) as real buttons, like in BG2EE..

The Button of Baldur's Gate pressed:

BGEE Main Screen:
    -Baldur's Gate title font replaced

BlackPits Main Screen:
    -BlackPits tile font replaced whit that of BlackPits 2:
    -Black Pits Helmet modified whit a dark eyes

BlackPits2 Gladiators of Thai Main screen:
    -Black Pits Helmet modified whit a dark eyes
    - Black Pits title font cleaned by the awful "II", I think the subname "Gladiators of Thay" is sufficient

BG2EE Game select screen:
    -Baldur's Gate II Title Font replaced and fixed
    - BlackPits font modification, into line with what has been done above..

DanathionlunarlolienJuliusBorisov
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @Pecca Loved how this GUI looks when I turned off "Scale UI" but "Tweaks" don't work for me, nor "Window Edges"
    @ALIEN: They definitely should. Do you have the latest patch applied?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @geminibruni How to download your tweaks?
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Etamin said:

@geminibruni How to download your tweaks?

I'm reasonably sure that they are photoshop mockups.
    edited February 2015
    I still finish my mod in this last days, stay tuned...
    JuliusBorisov
    @Peca

I was trying to add you mod to BWS but in it's current state it is not possible. In order to get it work, you would have to at least change directory structure inside mod archives and split it to PC+MAC/Android+iPad. Or you could make a proper weidu mod but the amount of work is not proportional in this case.

I could do all the required changes for you and just send you the archives that you would have to put at SHS downloads and use for every next version of you mod. Or I can send you instruction what exactly need to be changed.

There is no rush but I want to have you opinion about this.
    edited April 2015
    Got an idea yesterday, so I created a little tweak for BG2:EE: Full Screen World Map, which allows the entire world map being displayed on world map screen (see screenshot). Download is available from my SHS page.
    Note: The window size is 1488x906 so it's not suited for resolutions lower than that, or scaled interface.
    Note2: Install this tweak after Window Edges, because there are no window edges for world map yet.
    Screenshot:
    Post edited by Pecca on
    @Pecca Did you forgot to attach file?
    @ALIEN: I forgot to say it's among other downloads at my SHS page.
    edited April 2015
    @Pecca That tweak is fantastic! Can you support 1920x1080? It's for Worldmap mod!