Skip to content

Quick Question about accessing expansions

Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
Hello, so I am going out of town in a couple of weeks and will probably have a bunch of time on my hands, and little or no access to the internet, so I was planning on taking my tablet with me and playing and trying to beat all the Enhanced Edition games. But I was looking at Icewind Dale's Main menu and it only has the first expansion and the main game, but I had also thought that I had read somewhere that you can access all the expansions from inside the base Campaign. so if you can or can't, how exactly does all of this work?

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Yes, you can access Heart of Winter from Kuldahar. And you access Trials of the Luremaster from within Heart of Winter.

In one of the houses in Kuldahar, you'll meet a barbarian shaman named Hjollder. If you are of high enough level, he'll offer to transport you to the Heart of Winter quest. If your level is too low, he'll tell you to come back later.

When you get to HoW, go through it until Hjollder offers you the opportunity to cross the Sea of Moving Ice. Decline his offer, and visit the tavern in Lonelywood to begin Trials of the Luremaster.

Once you finish TotL, then accept Hjollder's offer to cross the Sea and complete HoW. Once you finish HoW, you'll be taken back to Kuldahar.
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    Ok. Thank you @AstroBryGuy‌.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I heard there's an issue with getting back to the main campaign after completing the sea of moving ice on ipad.
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    @Wowo‌ Do you know if it is on Android too?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

@Wowo‌ Do you know if it is on Android too?

No idea.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    If you decide to play through all the expansions first will it make the main campaign any easier?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Riolathel said:

If you decide to play through all the expansions first will it make the main campaign any easier?

Yes it will, but the expansions themselves are quite high level and are intended to be accessed with a party that has progressed a significant distance through the main campaign. I usually choose to go through the expansions just before you reach a certain "point-of-no-return" in the main campaign, basically just before the last chapter and even then I get some pretty good challenge out of it.