Skip to content

[Known] Durlag's Tower, Demon Knight didn't fight back

simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

Demon Knight should defend himself after being silenced

1. Load attached save.
2. Enter the Demon Knight chamber (click on stair icon near Adelia).
3. Without moving, cast silence (2 > F6) just beyond the bottom of the stairs.
4. Repeat step 3 until the Demon Knight is silenced. Repeat from step 1 if he resists 4 times.
5. Once the Demon Knight is silenced, move down the stairs and attack him.

*Observed*
The Demon Knight does not fight back.

*Expected*
The Demon Knight should defend himself if after being silenced

I enspelled the Demon Knight to silence before fully entering the chamber and this seems to have short circuited his ability to interact with me.

Steps for reproducing this bug:

1) Enter the chamber, but don't take a single extra step forward.
2) Shoot a fireball as close to the blackness as possible. (maybe not necessary, but its what I did).
3) Follow up fireball with dispel magic. (again, don't know if this is necessary but its what I did).
4) Follow dispel magic with Silence (15 meter)
5) Provided that both Dispel and Silence 'took', go forth and kick demon-knight butt.

Observed:
Demon Knight makes no effort to fight back. He just stood there while I killed him.

Expected:
With the Demon Knight muted I wouldn't of expected him to talk, but I did expect him to fight.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It seems the Demon Knight has joined the Dark Moon Monks order :)
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/554522#Comment_554522

Seriously, though, it looks like a problem
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    My report has been dismissed as a 'known' issue but I checked the list and and didn't see anything like it. :-/
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2014
    @simAlity‌ I've reproduced the issue based on your report and added it to the list of known cases. So not dismissed, and your effort very much appreciated.

More a case of me forgetting to mention I'd done this as a separate post here so not obvious.
    Thanks
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 1
    Can I make a guess, you casted protection from evil 10' as well? The funny thing about this is that this big thing is a demon and the above mentioned spell is perfectly perfect to protect against it. However, starting up the conversation seems to manually issue an attack order, bypassing the "I cannot see you so I don't know what to hit' protection". I no longer has a save file for Durlag so I cannot reproduce it, this is just my guess.