Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Sweet. That's mighty decent of you.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    grrrr, hurricane, no power :((

someone ask for the names of the 3 new voices so i can look it up when i get back on the net *goes linkdead*
    edited August 2012
    @aosaw damn, rumor where i am is that neera was voiced by a sheep that @phillipDaigle used to date. I did hear about dorn being voiced by a cat, but someone told me that Tom Cruise was voicing rasaad.

I was excited about the 3 new chars til you came and killed all my dreams. :((

edit: except rasaad, i would prefer the clicks and beeps.
    CommunardCameronToferserabiet
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    edited August 2012
    Bring out all your Reddit a.k.as, people. Get this game some more well deserved attention! :)
    Post edited by Knettgummi on
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for the time info. 7:30 GMT is prettty cool for us in Europe as it is pre-work time!

EDIT: I was an idoit! Check out @Knettgummi post below... 7:30 PM GMT after work...
    Post edited by Anduin on
    lolien
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Anduin said:

Thank you for the time info. 7:30 GMT is prettty cool for us in Europe as it is pre-work time!

I believe it would be 7:30 PM GMT, or 19:30 if you will. Works even better, IMO.

• raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    this is a lot more exiting than any circus!
    serabiet
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29

Early next month. We can't say the exact date yet.

Oh, I thought it was coming this month, that must have changed fairly recently then. Oh well, still can't wait to finally play it regardless and I got the information I wanted now. So thank you for answering, guess I'll just count down the days until the normal release.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Would be nice to know how to join this or whatever. I went to reddit.com and just got a bunch of links that directed me back here... :\
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @Miloch we'll post more information tomorrow =) Basically, in order to comment on the site you need to register (this is free, and quite easy.. just make up a name), and the forum is ran in a message-board style format similar to this. People post questions, we'll post answers. =)

The "forum" or thread where we're answering questions doesn't exist yet (I need to make it, tomorrow), but if you want to do something to prep just go ahead and create yourself an account. Our post will be appearing in the subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/iama , and we'll have a direct link to it listed here once it's up.

Here are some link from reddit's help section that might assist you:
    http://www.reddit.com/help/
    http://www.reddit.com/help/faq
    http://blog.reddit.com/2011/09/how-reddit-works.html
  • StrangeCatStrangeCat Member Posts: 39
    Cool! I won't be around that day but I'll be sure to check it out later.
  • NancyButtpeachNancyButtpeach Member Posts: 38
    Is it true that Sean Connery will be voicing Sarevok in the enhanced edition?

"I will the lasht, and you will go fersht."
    Wikkid_Suhn
  • lakridslakrids Member Posts: 29
    I always forget what am and pm stand for. Why can't native English user 0 to 24 instead am and pm, so much more clearer
    Dragonspear
    am is from midnight to noon, pm is from noon to midnight :)
    @lakrids

sorry, reread your post, 0000~1200 is am, 1200 to 2400 is pm
    lakrids
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    If you get confused by which is which, remember that the A from am comes before P from pm in the alphabet, like AM comes before PM.
    lakrids
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Guess its a couple of hours before the big one now :O)
    Hey all, it is indeed happening today in about 3 hours or so from now. I've updated the main post to a 24-hour clock to avoid (more) confusion for people. =)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    A possible Q&A is great, but I'm really not keen on signing up with yet another forum, especially one I have no real interest in outside of this one event. Would it be possible for mods or other users to browse this thread and pick the best questions from here and answer them there?
    RedGuard said:

A possible Q&A is great, but I'm really not keen on signing up with yet another forum, especially one I have no real interest in outside of this one event. Would it be possible for mods or other users to browse this thread and pick the best questions from here and answer them there?

Without doubt some of the mods or users in here will do it :O)
    RedGuard
    @RedGuard if you do sign up on reddit to post a question or two, keep in mind that entering in any additional personal information is optional - all they need to register is a username and a password, the e-mail is totally optional and it doesn't prompt you for any additional user info. It's a bit of a different system than most.
    RedGuard
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Nathan said:

@RedGuard if you do sign up on reddit to post a question or two, keep in mind that entering in any additional personal information is optional - all they need to register is a username and a password, the e-mail is totally optional and it doesn't prompt you for any additional user info. It's a bit of a different system than most.

Thanks for the heads up @Nathan I'll take it into consideration.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    lakrids said:

I always forget what am and pm stand for. Why can't native English user 0 to 24 instead am and pm, so much more clearer

It is confusing. One thing that might help, is if you know a little bit of Latin, to know what the A and P stand for. I just remember the m as midday though, don't know the Latin, but A is from 'Ante' (before) and P is from 'Post' (after). That's the way I remember it.

Took me a while to realize though, that GMT-6 actually means it will be later than 13:30, not earlier, so in a minute tonight at 19:30, not this morning at 7:30. Which is lucky, as this morning I was asleep and right now it's Ask them Almost Anything time!

Eh, Trent, what's your favourite color of underwear? No stop, there's much more interesting things to ask about Baldur's Gate! Is a link available yet?
    edited August 2012
    Or AM = After Midnight (00:00 - 12:00) , PM = Past midnight. (12:00 - 00:00)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    its 21h30 GTM apparently... a bit delayed. I casted improved haste on my dinner for nuthin'
    Dragonspear
    Medillen said:

its 21h30 GTM apparently... a bit delayed. I casted improved haste on my dinner for nuthin'

Take a nap then dude :O)
    Dragonspear
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    OK.

I figured it out. Man I feel like Dr. Who or a Mage with Time stop. I am the master of time!

MST stands for Mountain Standard Time and is used in Canada and the U.S.A.

As I write this it is 12:15 in MST. It is -6 GMT i.e. If you had Greenwich Mean Time you would take away 6 hours to find Mountain Standard Time OR if you have MST you can +6 to find GMT.

Still with me?

The U.K. has +1h daylight saving time in effect... So as the country that is on the blinkin meridian were still +1 out... i.e. if you know the GMT you would have to add 1h to find British Summer Time (Is it me? Britian are the only country with an OFFICIAL summer time... And seem to be the only country not to ever get one... As soon as we can start exporting rain water we will be rich...)

Sooo people I can confirm @neur0 to have given correct official times! MST time +6 to find GMT +1 to find BST or 13:30 MST + 6 = 19:30 GMT + 1 = 20:30 BST.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I already spent my great question on twitter and even received an answer to it from Trent. Do I have to think of another one?