Skip to content

Neera miniquests (BGII:EE SPOILERS)

2»

Comments

• MoonzMoonz Member Posts: 5
    How do I find the bear? I read he is in an area on the map called abandoned amphitheater, but I do not have that on my map.
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    Moonz said:

How do I find the bear? I read he is in an area on the map called abandoned amphitheater, but I do not have that on my map.

it's in Rasaad's quest
    jackjack
  • MoonzMoonz Member Posts: 5
    I initially turned down Rasaad because I had a full group. I can't seem to fin him now. I tried the fountain in Trademeet, the City Gate area, and the Copper Coronet. Does anyone know where he goes if you turn him down, or is he gone for good?
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    Terribly implemented, this whole questline. I had no idea who exactly had died. At least someone should comment on why Mironda, Mereth and others are missing after the rescue mission. Now I'm stuck with a hairband and some halfling brew in my inventory...

Also, Neera is annoying so she won't be missed. Too bad you can't access the areas of the new NPCs without having them in your party because the areas themselves are quite nice.
    Trouveur
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    I found the way to solve this issue once and for all.

If you happen to trigger the destruction of the camp before completing any of the mini-quest, just use CLUA Console to travel to

OH6100

Complete your mini-quest, then CLUA console back to where u teleport to, DO NOT leave the area map by normal means (to prevent bug)

In short there is 2 map for the Hidden refuge:

OH6100 (Before destruction)
    OH6200 (After destruction)
    Borek
  • digitalbladedigitalblade Member Posts: 5
    OMG do I have to go to the forums and read about all the new EE content so I can not fuck up a play-through? I was just about to finish the exact same quests first. I am pretty sure everyone with Logic mind has done the same. Everything is so not immersive as well, now off to find SOME bear for a crack head. Who the hell made this and thought its funny?
    Trouveur
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Uh, I had no problems doing all the side miniquests for the wild mages first time. Its literally the first rule when playing RPGS, "Always do the side quests first." I mean really, your entire party, plus Neera, plus the shady wild mage who was suspect from the very beginning are ALL LEAVING the weaker mages alone in the enclave. Its very clearly going to go wrong.
    Aerakar
  • digitalbladedigitalblade Member Posts: 5
    The bear is in a cage in the "Heretic Temple" but OMG you need to talk to the bear before you free IT. I freed it and did not talked to IT so it just Ran away and quest failed..... WHY do I have to go oever this for every single EE quest line...

If you want to complete talk to bear first then free her then go to the top left of the map and talk to the bear again.... GL. Unless you do that and exactly that you will never see that bear. Hellow D&D freedom of choice! ?? ! ??
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

The bear is in a cage in the "Heretic Temple" but OMG you need to talk to the bear before you free IT. I freed it and did not talked to IT so it just Ran away and quest failed..... WHY do I have to go oever this for every single EE quest line...

If you want to complete talk to bear first then free her then go to the top left of the map and talk to the bear again.... GL. Unless you do that and exactly that you will never see that bear. Hellow D&D freedom of choice! ?? ! ??

Wilson is an easter egg. Not a standard quest. Slow your roll.
    Raduziel
  • QbaQba Member Posts: 7
    Since everybody is really critical about the way the quests are paced in Neera stroyline, I had to say I really liked it. It is dissapointing, how u can lost all the side quests, but on the other hand it makes for grate game immersion - why would thays wait with their attack for you. Because of it u don;t epxect camp to be destroyed. And it lies within logic, that sometimes your character can just gets unlucky with some quests.
    BorekThacoBellRaduziel
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Uh, I had no problems doing all the side miniquests for the wild mages first time. Its literally the first rule when playing RPGS, "Always do the side quests first." I mean really, your entire party, plus Neera, plus the shady wild mage who was suspect from the very beginning are ALL LEAVING the weaker mages alone in the enclave. Its very clearly going to go wrong.
    But bringing Daxus is also a side quest ! And the quest giver insists that you should do this one first ! I was actually thinking that delaying to do it would have consequences : Daxus captured, and then he talked to the Red Wizards about Hidden Refuge, and then the camp is under attack ! Really, all this subplot seems to scream to the player "first go to Daxus if you don't want the camp to be destroyed and all the other quests failed."

Sorry but it is a bad design, and putting the hairband in the same area as Draxus is also a mistake : with the Refuge 24 hours away from Athkatla, many players will try do do the two quests at the same type instead of losing one travel day just for each fedex quest...
  • kaja8kaja8 Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2021
    Maybe it wasn't bad design and they did it on purpose. It's the wild mage camp and they are wild mages so anything can happen and you have no control over it. The unpredictability of the quest follows the wild mage theme.
    Trouveur
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Maybe, but in reality all is perfectly predictable, all you need to know is that ONE quest must be done last. Your first playthrough is likely screw over, but the next will be fine.

Truely unpredictabilty would be the Red Wizards storming the Refuge at a random different precise day and hour for each playthrough, meaning that you can never be certain to have enough time for doing all the side quests.