CLUA console not showing on Linux Steam release

ArivorArivor Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone!

First, statistics:

Game version: 1.3.2053 on Steam, no mods installed
Device: Samsung laptop
Operating System: Fedora 20 with GNOME 3.10.2
CPU: Intel Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz Dual Core

I found the Baldur.ini in "~/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/" and added the following line:
[tab]'Program Options',[tab]'Debug Mode',[tab]'1',

When I hit Ctrl+Space ingame, the game just pauses. None of the other cheats/debug features work either. The ini file does not get reset; the line just doesn't do anything useful.

Is there something I'm missing? Google does not turn up anything.

- Arivor

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Arivor, can you attach the INI file here using the 'Attach a file' link below the comment box?
  • ArivorArivor Member Posts: 4
    Certainly. Although I had to convince the forum it was an allowed file type by adding an extension.
    edited January 2015
    @Arivor, it works fine for me on Linux Mint. Will try Fedora in a few minutes. Also of note, I found a bad line near the end of the file. You can try the attached file (unzip), though I'm not sure it will do any good.

Worked fine on Fedora 20 (Heisenberg) 64-bit, too.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    edited January 2015
    Nope, doesn't work either. Ctrl+X works, but I think that just works outside of debug mode too. Ctrl+Space pauses the game, Ctrl+J brings up the journal, Ctrl+K does nothing. Ctrl+8 during character creation does nothing either.
    I appreciate your time and effort in helping me, thanks!

PS: I just tried changing the options (music volume) by editing the .ini, and that works. So it's definitely the right file in the right place. I'm starting to suspect that Gnome 3 does something weird with the Ctrl keys that Baldur's Gate doesn't understand. Is there any way to confirm that debug mode is active without using the Control key?
    edited January 2015
    @Arivor, do shortcuts such as Ctrl+X (cut), Ctrl+C (copy), and Ctrl+V (paste) work outside of the game?

What is your keyboard layout? Do you have any custom bindings?
    Arivor said:

Is there any way to confirm that debug mode is active without using the Control key?

Not that I'm aware of.
    @Troodon80: Yes, I use shortcuts all the time. I have a german keyboard layout. I went through all the predefined and custom shortcuts Gnome would tell me before posting here, but Ctrl+Space is not among them.
  • anothrnmbranothrnmbr Member Posts: 1
    @Arivor did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem, I'm definitely editing the correct Baldur.ini file in the right location, and the Debug Mode is set but not doing anything on Ubuntu. I'm almost certain the Ctrl key is being captured by the OS or something.