Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Isn't it MDT while in daylight savings time (GMT - 6) as opposed to MST (GMT - 7)? I think there are some states that don't shift time during daylight savings (or maybe just Arizona) and so are still on MST while other states are on MDT. Usually I just refer to Mountain Time to indicate the current one. For those used to DST, this stuff doesn't usually matter, but when you work with people in time zones that don't shift time, sometimes it gets confusing to them, when you refer to MST/EST instead of MDT/EDT.

Sorry, I'm not sure I really added anything to this thread, but here's some info http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/mountain-time/
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @SirK8 If it makes you feel anybetter. I got up mega early to post my questions to find out I was a whole 12 hours early...
    Dragonspearlolien
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    Be sure to ask which Overhaul employee most resembles Seth Rogen.
    Anduin
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Aw I gonna have to miss it, have to get up early again tomorrow :(
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2012
    Its on immenantly!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Dave said:

Be sure to ask which Overhaul employee most resembles Seth Rogen.

I assumed you all look like Seth Rogen except for @TrentOster and @Coriander :D

lordkimAndreaColombo
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Nevermind that, I thought it wouldn't be in 2 hours time. Now I won't have to miss it :D
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    welp, I posted on the main thread but I'll re-iterate here - Reddit has been brought to a grinding halt as Obama decided to do a surprise AMA. We'll be here long after he's stopped taking questions, so please just be patient while it takes place.
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2012
    My luck I hurry to try to get in the action , and as soon as I get my password for reddit and login.
    I see Barack Obama, President of the United States is taking questions and reddit blows up for me.

"reddit is under heavy load right now, sorry. Try again in a few minutes."
  • SirrionSirrion Member Posts: 20
    read a lot of your answers on reddit, and i just wanna say great work guys, before i head to bed :)

and lol @ a wild obama showing up out of nowhere
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Some news 'hot from the needle' (it's a Dutch saying, I don't know if it's proper English):

(I may post some snippets later, but this one was informative):

What's next? BGEE has been quite the ordeal but surely there must be plans for longterm projects.

Most importantly, following release are you going to get back to the important business at hand - building race cars?

[–]OverhaulTrent 5 punten 26 minuten geleden

While I really miss my race car (it sat in my friends shop, missing many parts all summer) The big plan is to look at a BG3 or an Icewind Dale:EE or Planescape Torment:EE

Some less good news (but well, BGEE will be even easier to mod, we'll just live with a BGEE that needs to be modded as well, though a little bit less, BG1 NPC-banter still needs to be added with NPC1Project) about Unfinished Business:

[- ]OverhaulNathan[S] 8 punten 26 minuten geleden*

Hi Billards, thanks for coming out!

Unfortunately, we won't be including any of the Unfinished Business mod content with the BG:EE core. In order to include any mods with the game, we've done our best to ensure that we get direct permission from the creators involved and credit them accordingly.

Unfinished Business is one of those mods that, although it has one sort of 'curator' to look after it, who sort of owns the content therein is a big question mark. In addition, there are some strict contract-related things about modifying the existing game's content that we have to be careful to not run afoul of, so... there you have it.

BG:EE will be very mod friendly though, I believe more-so than BG2/BG1 is, and should support existing mods with minimal modification on the mods' part. I'd be surprised if the people in charge of curating the mod don't update it to work with BG:EE fairly quickly.

(I wanted to give permalinks, but as mentioned, reddit is under heavy load and often gives an overload message instead of the link)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Some interesting details comes up =)
    edited August 2012
    snippet from the AMAA about the future of isometric RPG's, rulesets and Overhaul Games:

[–]Kruglord 1 punt 50 minuten geleden

Thanks for doing this AMA and thank for making BG:EE.

My question is, I heard a while ago that you were interested in, after you finished BG:EE and BGII:EE, working on some original top down isometric party based Fantasy RPGs. What set of rules would you most prefer to use? 3.5, 4, pathfinder, something of a mix?

Also, you prefer it to be time based (like BG) or turn based (unlike anything I've seen lately)? If turn based, would you use a battle grid?

Thanks again!

[–]DaigleDopple 3 punten 6 minuten geleden

So lets pretend it's 2013 and we've got a load of money, no licensed IP projects on the horizon, and a dash of insanity.

In that situation, we would love to do 3D (yet still isometric) party based fantasy RPG. We would either roll our own ruleset, or perhaps license a popular one. I think GURPS is pretty rad, but it's not really my position to say. Pathfinder is also rad. We'll also take a look at how the OGL is doing in the future.

The gameplay would most likely be similar to BG.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1af7/we_are_overhaul_games_the_team_behind_baldurs/c60mhbi
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited August 2012
    What kind of sales figures are you hoping for? What is the basis for success so that we see a BG2 remake and even a BG3?

Is the game actually enjoyable to play on a tablet?

What makes this version better then playing the original with all the mods?

[–]OverhaulTrent

I'm really hoping to break 500,000 copies across all platforms. It is a great game at a low price. I'll speculate with those numbers we could persuade the parties involved to do a BG3

Regardless of sales we are doing a BG2:EE. We've committed to it contractually. It might be three of us working out of a cardboard box, but we're committed to making it happen.

I think what makes this version better is the performance and graphical improvements, the new UI, the new content, the new music and VO. I think the inclusion of many mod fixes into the base product give a much better starting platform as well. I also think putting some mods on BG:EE will probably be the best experience you can have.

As well, our goal is to continue development to further support modders and the end users access to mods.

[–]OverhaulTrent

I played it so long while sitting on the toilet my legs fell asleep. It is quite good.

[–]DaigleDopple

1 - We are hoping to sell eighteen trillion copies.

2 - If BG:EE/BG2:EE are a success both commercial and creatively, we hope that will be proof that we can develop an awesome BG3. We currently do not have a contract to create BG3, but it is a goal of ours.

3 - Yes, I've played the game for hours on a tablet. It's a blast. Until I get to the Ankhegs.

4 - For advanced users, installing mods ain't no thing. For the vast majority of people out there, installing mods for BG is an irritating process. New players will get to experience BG in a hassle free way, and veteran players will get to see new content in an old favorite of theirs without having to bother with mods that fix basic functionality.
    edited August 2012
    New art ! => http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://i.imgur.com/N4s6x.jpg
    Interesting fact 1) werewolf kit is nerfed for lower levels. It'll be powered up for higher level a bit later, they lack time.
    Interesting fact 2) character sheet displays much more internal info, like how thaco/AC is computed

EDIT can't connect anymore... >.>
    DragonspearTheGrapeTyphlosion
    edited August 2012
    Who is this Obama guy, that him answering questions makes reddit so slow?

And who is this Son_of_Imoen guy that uses dutch grammar in an english sentence? Oops.
    KieaDragonspear
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    I can't get on anymore.. :(

Oh...its back! Yay!
    Dragonspear
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Note: the site is still getting totally crushed by traffic. We'll resume answers ASAP, we're trying to get to them while we can.
    Dragonspear
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    It's super hard to read right now. What with all the not loading.
    Dragonspear
    I'm just starting to see comments from 20 minutes ago xD
    Dragonspear
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I made sure to get my obligatory "what do Blackguards do exactly" question. Somebody asked it earlier, but Trent just blabbed on and on about Dorn instead, so I worded it more carefully.
    Dragonspearcutlasskiwi
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    @Medillen: if that were Valygar's portrait, I might have actually used him in my party.
    DragonspearMoira
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Argh. Damnit. Missed the thing, was too busy helping someone move. Was hoping someone would ask if sub-races had had any further discussion, but seems not. Ah well.
    Dragonspear
    I'll ask rightaway @Silverstar :)
    SilverstarDragonspear
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Medillen said:

I'll ask rightaway @Silverstar :)

Oh wait, it's still going on? Well, if you're asking on my behalf that saves me the trouble of making an account there then. Thank you. Would probably be a hassle anyway seeing as the site has some trouble... freaking presidents.
    Dragonspear
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    got some questions answered, red some other interesting responses... i look forward to the game even more now O.o september 18, why u no come?!

blabbering aside- thank you, dear @BGEE:Team for talking with us and answering our questions. cheers to you!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited August 2012
    Canadian NPC?

DragonspearRhinjavar