Skip to content

Diablo 2 Throne of destruction

TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
I've been playing online after stoping for two years and I love it. I find myself creating new classes and seeing what this does and if it works. I don't think I love it more then IWD2 though. The amount of different magical item combinations is phenomenal. I'm also surprised at the amount of ppl playing lol

What are your thoughts on this old but fun game? Feel free to post :)

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2015
    I'm one of the people who purely played diablo 2 for the multiplayer part. While it at times could be rotten, you would once in a while find some new friends and complete all the acts together. Sometimes a random act 1 game would take you with the same people all the way to baal. At the start you would have almost no skills, but then your party would grow stronger and stronger for each act.

Single player on Diablo 2 was so boring to me, I really couldn't stomach it.

Also have to mention hardcore mode, LOVED IT!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    If there is anything I agree with @SionIV on Diablo 2 it would be hardcore mode :)
  • North60North60 Member Posts: 14
    D2 got ruined for me with those stupid charm hacks and rune dupes.

I've thought about trying again but found the f2p Path of Exile instead.

Both games have issues but the devs behind PoE are gamers at heart. And when I stepped into PoE after ? a decade away from D2 it was like coming home but finding someone renovated the interior in your absence.

I only just got into the HC a few patches ago and love it - for the most part. The standard league is sorta' lousy with legacy items and the economy is trash so the HC reset is attractive and getting excited over finding a rare you would normally vendor is always fun!

It's definitely got issues with multi-player dysfunction and trade dependent progression but I found it a somewhat painless grind to save/trade up orbs and get some decent gear. I enjoy playing summoners so avoided most of the multi-player .... playground. I always got along better with zombies than people it seems.

;)

cheers!
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    walking is fun and gives quite a bit xp but it does suck when your once godly party gets all wiped out at once and cannot return to their corpses lol
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I played for hours and hours in closed multi-player. I wooed one of my girlfriends that way. It could be loads of fun in both single and multi-player, but as has been indicated it could be a double edged sword if you ended up with the wrong group of people.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I still own my original and expansion cd but it says cd key is blocked, 'twas several years ago.
    My opinion is 2 is better than 1 and 1 is better than 3.
    IF there is someone who played dia 2 with glide setting on then understand what I am talking bout. ;)
    Anyway dia 2 is good game, it is highly addictive though.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    O_Bruce said:

I had plenty of fun with Diablo 2, but, in contraditions to most people, on single player.

Yup, I've played loads of D2, and essentially all of it was single player. The only downside for me is that you end up having to throw away lots great gear that just isn't suitable for your character, and it was very difficult to complete sets, and I imagine playing online and trading would help with that.
    the bots are a major annoyance urghh despise them :(
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    TJ_Hooker said:

O_Bruce said:

I had plenty of fun with Diablo 2, but, in contraditions to most people, on single player.

Yup, I've played loads of D2, and essentially all of it was single player. The only downside for me is that you end up having to throw away lots great gear that just isn't suitable for your character, and it was very difficult to complete sets, and I imagine playing online and trading would help with that.
    I don't think that we ever "Completed" any sets, but with several players we did get close a couple of times. We also traded a fair amount because the program seems designed to spawn stuff that is 'Really good' but for the wrong class. The main trick was to have a small group 3-5 who would play both individually and as part of the group. We all knew each other so there was no Bots or people who did weird stuff.
    I have met with a few ppl and how they seem to get good stuff is they have a party designed for MF runs in uber trist? Or something like that, got an enigma and a bunch of other rare needed items for my bone mancer. Was thinking of trading it for Runeword Rhythm
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Ah, Diablo 2, how I loved thee. I was just coming off of BG1 when I bought Diablo 2. Both games definitely contributed to my love of dungeon crawling fantasy RPG goodness.

I think I stopped playing right about the time somebody called me a cheating faggot for putting emeralds into my Barbarian's greatsword and using it to utterly crush him in a duel.