Skip to content

BG2 Redux : Athkatla - DA Mod - Irenicus!

12346»

Comments

• barisakbaybarisakbay Member Posts: 5
    I hope the team finishes this one and goes on to make Planescape:Torment with the DAO engine because I am going to be forever thankful for them and will pay a lot of money to purchase something like that.
    I know, I did get a bit carried away after seeing this incredible work.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Been a while since I last looked in on this thread, but I've been meaning to see how this was going. Still looking fantastic. Though I've been meaning to ask. Will 'The Fade' affect from DA still appear as it looks in the video in the final product? It may just be me, but the lighting (the use of shadow really) and the mist/fade affect seems a bit overpowering. That's just my view on that bit. Otherwise I think it's great.

Also, I'm wondering if there will be a character creation like BG2 where we choose our race, class/kit etc? Or are we limited to the DA character creation or something else?

Liking the HobGoblins and the Orogs by the way. They look quite nice in the screenshot in this thread and I think it's an interesting use of the armour assets from DA. Something that I always thought was too misshapen and overly bulky in Origins, but it seems to be adapted well here.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @RedGuard It's still just like in DA Origins for CC. You can only choose Human, Elf or Dwarf currently. We might try to add more races for the next module. That is something that will have to wait until the whole thing is finished to backport.
    RedGuard
    @Cuv Cool. Thanks for the answers.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2013
    I'm glad to see that this project is still alive, although, it seems like it demands so much of its creators' time, that they will not be getting a new release finished any time soon, even after all these - is it years? - of effort, due to what I would assume are real life concerns - i.e., the creators cannot work full time on something that pays them nothing for their hours.

I sure appreciate how much y'all must love BG and DA:O to still be working on this in your precious spare time hours, instead of actually playing a game for your own enjoyment. I can only hope that you are enjoying this project as your main leisure time activity, and there is nothing else you would rather be doing with all-too-valuable time.

;0)

P.S. - A very wise man once told me, "There comes a time when we must ask ourselves why we're doing a thing."
    @belgarathmth I doubt @Cuv and co. would be doing this if they didn't find this fulfilling and weren't getting anything out of it.
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    Is it not complete yet?
    JuliusBorisov
  • RιcнιeRιcнιe Member Posts: 1
    BALDUR'S GATE 2 REDUX [WIP]

WE ARE WAITING FOR MODULE 2 !!!!

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I don't want to be a downer, but the radio silence since at last 2015 is not a good sign...
    Aerie
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Cuv wrote: »
    Hello everyone -
    Thought I would post a video to get everyone even more exited about BG:EE coming out soon. I have been working on a mod to bring BG2 into the DA engine. Our cinematic designer @DahliaLynn has just completed the opening cutscene for Module 2 and we have made it public.

Wow, what a beautiful Charname! :o

But I suppose there's no update on the mod? :(