Skip to content

#11141 Neera's ToB quest should not prevent travel to the Throne of Bhaal

StalkingwolfStalkingwolf Member Posts: 22
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Cleared the last challenge when I tried to go the throne of Bhaal, i didn't get the options
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Please upload a saved game.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Previous reports of this were caused by missing one of the pocket plane challenges so it is worth checking each of the areas again. I've verified your id in case you still need to attach a save though.
    Thanks
  • WeaveWeave Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same issue actually. The only option at the exit is "return to where I was". Here is my save.
  • StalkingwolfStalkingwolf Member Posts: 22
    Here's the save
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @Weave and @Stalkingwolf - It's the same issue in both saves. Neera's ToB quest isn't considered finished. If you run C:GetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL") you get 14. If you want to jump to the end just enter C:SetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL",15) in the console. I haven't played Neera's quest in ToB so I'm unsure if you can complete the quest in the correct manner or if it's a bug.
    Gate70
    Yeah, that'll work. @Weave‌ @Stalkingwolf‌ saves attached in case you're not used to the console or an editor.

As to why - both saves have the same open eight staves journal entries. It looks like variable OH_ARENA_HOSTILE has been set, and tracking that back indicates Szass Tam turned hostile before Vicross was encountered. Was he force attacked, turned hostile due to standing in something like Cloudkill or similar.

I think this will need to be ticketed but want to understand the circumstances.
    Thanks
    hook71
    After I took Szass Tam to near death and he told me to get lost, my characters continued to attack him
    Gate70hook71
  • WeaveWeave Member Posts: 2
    I don't think I did anything to make Szass Tam hostile, no area of effect spell etc. I spoke to him normally and accepted his quest.
    After you killed Vicross and had to fight Szass Tam, after he told you to get lost the first time, did your characters continued to attack him
    Gate70
    The yuan-ti casting a similar spell would produce the same response (Szazz reacts to being injured regardless of who injured him).
  • AxItAxIt Member Posts: 8
    I believe I am stuck due to that quest.
    After the fight in the Arena I refused to kill Vicross and attacked Szass on the spot before he was able to move a finger.
    I found my party teleported back at the clearing without the possibility to go to Thay again in any way. The "Eight Staves" quest is unfinished.
    It would not be a problem, but this prevents me to enter Chapter 10 because all quests have to be finished before doing that.

What should be done to move on?
    @AxIt‌
    Merged into existing report. If you can use the console, check the variable suggested above, otherwise please zip and attach a save.
    Thanks
    OK, I think I've worked out a suitable repro. Or more accurately, repro'd up based on the conclusions reached by @Stalkingwolf‌ - nice job :)
    hook71
    glad to help
    Can't use the console. Please find attached the saved game.
    Thanks for your help.
    Here you go @AxIt‌
    Variable added and game saved while paused so you'll get at least 1 dialogue if not more.
    Thanks
    No more an issue: enabled the console and moved on.
  • awicks2awicks2 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue. Did the Neera quest. Killed Vicross. Confronted the mage and after a battle he teleported us out.
    I'm playing on an iPad. I have ported the save game over using iFunbox and zipped it. I also have CLUAConsole on my Mac so will attempt the instrutions above.
    It would be a shame to come all this way and not be able to finish.

Thank you for your continuing support.
  • awicks2awicks2 Member Posts: 2
    Yes that did it!

Thanks again!
    Gate70
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    I just almost finished BGII ToB, finished the last prophecy inside the abyss, but I can't enter the Throne of Bhaal.
    I don't know what happens. I try to go through the portal but does not give me the option of going to the throne.
    I complete all the trials, etc... Help.
    Merged your post into this thread @Kharador and edited save attached in case you didn't find it yourself.
  • todesbarttodesbart Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Hi folks!

Today I ran into a most curious bug: I killed the Five, including Balthazar, and then I proceeded to complete all the challenges in the pocket plane. As soon as that was over I wanted to face Melissan at the Throne of Bhaal but guess what? I can't enter. The only dialogue I get is

"Your destiny is nearly complete.

1: Return me to where I was.
    2: I do not wish to leave at this time."

Sooooo, how do I fix this mess? As I said, the challenges are all done.
    Post edited by todesbart on
    scmorgan0
  • todesbarttodesbart Member Posts: 1
    That did it! Thank you so much!
  • marcorudymarcorudy Member Posts: 2
    Ok, i tried doing the console, i keep getting a syntax error and it doesn't work. Please help.
  • marcorudymarcorudy Member Posts: 2
    It worked! Thanks so much! :)
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited February 2015
    Edit: Never mind, figured it out. SetGlobal, not GetGlobal, duh.
  • steelchasersteelchaser Member Posts: 72
    Have the same end of game problem, I am on a mac and I don't do Facebook. Help! BTW what is the console?
    @steelchaser
    Link to guide on activating and using the console:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization
    You can also use the eekeeper if the console doesn't work with you:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1