Skip to content

[Mod] Game crash area transition

ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hello, new circus tent issue. When I try to leave the third room after talking with the genie and go up the stairs to Kalah, the game hangs for a second then crashes. Even the auto-save has empty portraits in it instead of my party.

Was kinda hoping the new patch resolved a lot of crap but this is a massive downer after having to wait forever for the patch and then this happens.. Can I just clua console to the next level and pray it won't break my game?

Thanks guys

EDIT: turns out, theres a crash dump report. An error msg displays for half a second when the game crashes. Attching report and save files if anyone could assist!

I also have 3 mods: PaintBG Portrait Pack, Weapon Upgrade Mod and BG Tweaks.

EDIT 2: CLUA Console to AR0606 (Circus Tent level 3) also crashes the game

EDIT 3: CLUA Console to AR0700 (Waukeens) and then tried to normal travel to Slums, also crashed.. :(
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Elzarath the first thing to do is to check on an unmodded game. Consoling to that area with a new game and say the Abdel pregen should determine that fairly quickly. The two most likely options are a) mod or b) something specific to your system, otherwise this would be widely reported.

In respect of patches, these will remove previously installed mods. You probably know this and have re-installed them but worth mentioning in case you weren't aware.
    Thanks
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Thanks @Gate70 tried following your advice and something just went haywire, even trying to start a new game caused it to crash, so I've deleted the whole thing and trying a fresh install. Fingers crossed!
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Yep, all fixed. Everything seems to be going flawlessly now.