Skip to content

Anyone know when we can expect the next patch?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I was just wondering if anyone knew when we could expect the next patch for BG2? 1.3 was great and fixed a number of bugs, but there are just a few issues that are still quite annoying and are honestly interfering with the game, I'd say. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the enhanced editions, I'm just anxiously awaiting the next patch because the multiple attack bug and the zoom bug on small maps are very, very annoying. Are they planning on doing a hotfix or update on these few issues or has it yet to be scheduled?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This has not yet been made clear. The Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition patch is to come out next from the sounds of things (within a few weeks from what I recall) but nothing on BGEE and BG2EE.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Cool, thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll do a quick BG2 patch next, but the next patch being so soon is good news, I'd say.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I didn't know there was still things to fix!
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Unless you're being utterly sarcastic (if so, I apologise for taking the bait), there are still numerous things to fix: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37852/list-of-known-issues-read-this-first#latest
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And new features being implemented...

Unless you're being utterly sarcastic (if so, I apologise for taking the bait), there are still numerous things to fix: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37852/list-of-known-issues-read-this-first#latest
    No sarcasm. I rarely run into bugs on my playthroughs.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @YupImMadBro oh really, number of attacks bugs are so prevelant I am sure you must have experienced them as well.

I wish for a quick new patch release too, not great engine improvements or new content, but some quick fixes. Number of attacks, no cold/fire damage animation bug, etc.

lunar said:

@YupImMadBro oh really, number of attacks bugs are so prevelant I am sure you must have experienced them as well.

I wish for a quick new patch release too, not great engine improvements or new content, but some quick fixes. Number of attacks, no cold/fire damage animation bug, etc.

I should rephrase. I rarely notice the bugs I encounter.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I am kinda surprised that I didn't notice the APR bug on my own. But then again, I haven't been doing much playing since the patch came out. In any case, I was kinda with @YupImMadBro in thinking there were almost no serious bugs in the patch until I heard about the APR one. I guess I was so excited for all the ultra cool fixes that were in this patch (including a great many that I located and reported myself) that I didn't notice. Or it could be that I don't use MMM or run out of projectiles that much. Despite the APR bug, which is admittedly pretty game breaking, I still think that this was one heck of an awesome patch for all the stuff it did fix. That said, however, I too would appreciate a quick push for a patch to fix the APR bug. I doubt it will happen, but it would still be nice.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Tresset said:

I am kinda surprised that I didn't notice the APR bug on my own. But then again, I haven't been doing much playing since the patch came out. In any case, I was kinda with @YupImMadBro in thinking there were almost no serious bugs in the patch until I heard about the APR one. I guess I was so excited for all the ultra cool fixes that were in this patch (including a great many that I located and reported myself) that I didn't notice. Or it could be that I don't use MMM or run out of projectiles that much. Despite the APR bug, which is admittedly pretty game breaking, I still think that this was one heck of an awesome patch for all the stuff it did fix. That said, however, I too would appreciate a quick push for a patch to fix the APR bug. I doubt it will happen, but it would still be nice.

You know, the more I think, the more I agree with you. I must confess, I was a bit furious as to why the devs have missed such a glaring and obvious bug that I noticed within half an hour of simple playing. The cause of the bug is not so common as I thought, as I ran out of ammo and darts in the starter dungeon. It happened due to scs removing goblins with arrows and replacing them with duergar crossbowers, Minsc ran out of arrows too quickly. Hence he got the bug. In other parts of the game it is not a common occurence, I think.
    Tresset said:

I don't use MMM so I never stumbled upon this bug. Seems pretty broken.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    The 1.3 patch was great, unfortunately it introduced a few really egregious bugs, the worst of which is the APR bug, but the most annoying for me is definitely the small map zoom bug, which makes the screen stutter whenever you move up or down on a map that is smaller than your screen size. If they fixed just these couple of bugs BG2EE would be up to snuff on the same level that IWDEE was released at. Hopefully they make it a priority, because it really is interfering with the enjoyment of the game for many.
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Can't turn undead with a paladin in the party? Lame.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    CField17 said:

You can but you have to keep the paladin away from the turner...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If I had a paladin in my group I'd just mod an existing item to make them immune to turn undead.
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Tresset said:

CField17 said:

You can but you have to keep the paladin away from the turner...
    Still lame :smiley: