Skip to content

Is there a good way to find how and / or where two mods might conflict?

GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
I've been so spoiled by the IE Modding Community I can't play the vanilla game anymore and I keep finding mods that sounds like they could be so fun. However, its an enormous amount of work to install them all 1 by 1. So I was trying to customize my BigWorldSetup install because of how convenient it is.

But it doesn't include everything I'd want to try. Particularly Scales of Balance (in my most recent mod install). The Scales of Balance author suggests his mod before SCS but after BG2 Tweaks though BigWorldSetup sets BG2 Tweaks after SCS. Either way, I found a lot of things that didn't work in Scales of Balance.

Not being a modder myself and having no clue how to actually operate WeiDU, I was wondering if there was some information / guide to find out where conflicts could exist so I could opt out of installing feature X in favor of feature Y for example.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    There's a reccomended order in the SCS readme which might help you.
  • GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
    I didn't test EVERYTHING. But the main issue I found was Kensai Focus. Every selection gives me the 2-Handed class text on record page. ANd gives me 1* proficiency in the weapon specailizations. But no * in the selected weapon. 2-Hander specialization did work however and gave me 3 points in 2-hander along with the weapon specizalitions.

Also Avenger. I have one of the mods that turns the spells into Weapon Tokens. But there must be some conflict because I didn't get any Innate Abilities with Avenger (not the tokens of the old Sword Spider etc... or the Elementals).

I don't have the install anymore. But my order was. BWS Tactics (less most NPCs) I paused it after Pack Mule and installed SoB manually then resumed BWS. That was how I did it. Didn't get any WeiDU errors.
    I will just run a manual install tonight of all the mods I want. I'll try it with BG2 > SoB > SCS and see what kind of results I get.

Thanks for being very active. I would still like to know how you Modders find conflicts because then I might be able to make some contributions to the community and add Mods & Components to BWS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    elminsterGSmith84
    I liked the tokens I think because of the ability to at will change in and out. I could be wrong but I thought in the past you couldn't initiate dialog if you were shapeshifted and as such the weapon tokens were a welcome relief from that. (Having used your once a day shapeshift only to have to return to human because of needing to speak with someone. I seem to recall this because a HUGE pain in the ass in the De'Arnise Keep when you dialog > fights > dialog > fights again. But maybe I'm thinking of some other game).

Either way, I'll go through and manually install tonight as I mentioned and select different setups with a mind to not install the tokens.

I'm REALLY eager to try out some of your kits because changes in playstyle is a big win for me in replaying the game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well I've done the SCS method so I want to try SoB style, if its a huge pain in the ass I'll just EE Keeper a few additional shapechange charges.