Skip to content

FNG problem... (sigh)I can't even get thru the tutorial without a problem already!

Hello! I just joined today, bought BG EE today and have been going thru the tutorial. I already have a problem! (sigh) I'm right at the beginning where Zorn is telling me how to IDENTIFY a shield. I'm a half-elven ranger with no mage book capabilities. Zorn is telling me to memorize the IDENTIFY spell he has on a scroll. It appears shaded in red in my main character's inventory, so I know I cannot use it, let alone memorize it. I have a macbook pro, BTW. There is no RIGHT CLICK on a single button mac! Help! I don't know what to do! I have been trying a bunch of different things, but no luck so far. So, I am pleading for help here. I appreciate any help anyone has! Thanks!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Zorn? You mean Xan?

Anyway, you need to give it to the mage that joins your party as only mages can learn mage spells, like Identify.

As for how to right click, I am unsure how you would do that on a mac. I always thought macs were rather insane for not including a right click button on their stuff. If I were to guess, right click may be something like control-click or option-click or shift-click, but I don't know for certain. I would actually recommend getting a mouse you can plug into your computer for BG as you need to do right clicks a lot.

I actually do have a macbook pro in the family, I will check really quick how to right click.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You can right click by doing a Control-Click.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    If convenient I'd suggest using an actual mouse instead of the pad built into the laptop. It may make your life much easier. Some things are really difficult to do without the mouse. I always feel like I have to be a contortionist to play without a mouse on my laptop. Obviously that's not much of an option if you're playing on the couch or something...
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited February 2015
    clicking with two fingers on the trackpad does the trick with my mac book air. if you don't have a trackpad but only a single button (as your comment suggested and as it was on my old mac book) I'm afraid ctrl+click won't work (in my experience) and I can only agree with what Tresset and procco said before. Lots of great games profit from having a decent mouse connected to them.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    tap with two fingers, cmd-click or clicking in the bottom right corner of your trackpad should work.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited February 2015

Hello! I just joined today, bought BG EE today and have been going thru the tutorial. I already have a problem! (sigh) I'm right at the beginning where Zorn is telling me how to IDENTIFY a shield. I'm a half-elven ranger with no mage book capabilities. Zorn is telling me to memorize the IDENTIFY spell he has on a scroll. It appears shaded in red in my main character's inventory, so I know I cannot use it, let alone memorize it. I have a macbook pro, BTW. There is no RIGHT CLICK on a single button mac! Help! I don't know what to do! I have been trying a bunch of different things, but no luck so far. So, I am pleading for help here. I appreciate any help anyone has! Thanks!

Open the System Preferences (under the Apple Menu). Go to Trackpad settings, and turn on the Secondary Click option. You can select Click with Two Fingers, Click in Bottom Right Corner, or Click in Bottom Left Corner.