Skip to content

[mod]Original Drizzt for BG1:EE

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
edited February 2015 in BG:EE Mods
Inspired by seeing poor @Elrandir upset that his dad updated BG1:EE to v1.3, which contains the much harder to cheese Drizzt, I took it upon myself to make him feel better by making this simple mod for him. It is basically my own rendition of what Drizzt was like in BG1:EE prior to version 1.3. To install just extract the attached files into your BG1:EE override folder (you may need to create an override folder if one does not already exist). Then you can enjoy cheesing Drizzt all you want! >:)

Minor disclaimer: I slapped this together in about 30 minutes and tested it like once. If this mod causes any bugs then please let me know and I will get on top of fixing it right away! I am not saying that I expect bugs... I am pretty good at knowing what I am doing... I am just saying that I wasn't extremely thorough with this mod like I usually am with my mods...
Post edited by Tresset on
wubbleRavenslightElrandirCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I'm not entirely sure I can use this, as I've heard that you need to jailbreak an ipad to mod on it, which I neither can nor would do (Not my ipad). I immensely appreciate that you would even consider doing this for me, though.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Elrandir it's safe for you to drop it in the characters folder in your iPad's game. It doesn't need you to jailbreak.
    TressetJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Elrandir Looks like my efforts weren't in vain after all! I can confirm that the characters folder also serves as an override folder as seen here.
    Then how would I use this trick? I'm also incredibly iffy on changing the game at all for fear of messing things up and losing (MANY) characters.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Elrandir All you would have to do is download the files to your computer and extract them. Then use iFunbox to transfer the extracted files from your computer to either your characters or portraits folder in your iPad's BG1:EE directory. It should not mess with either your characters or your portraits since all you are doing is adding to the folder and not taking anything out of it. The only file that would jailbreak your iPad is the dialog.tlk file so as long as you don't touch that then you are going to be ok. Most weidu mods do mess with dialog.tlk so don't use those. This is not a weidu mod so it will be ok.

This should really be as easy as moving characters from BG1:EE's characters folder to BG2:EE's characters folder except you are moving stuff from your computer to your BG1:EE's characters or portraits folder.
    Elrandir
  • NatenNaten Member Posts: 138
    cheesing Drizzt is still really easy to do, surround him with your npcs while he is not hostile after killing the gnolls, and just unparty each of them seperately, should only have to unparty 4 members, then with the last member and your CHARNAME just smack him with the best 2 handed weapons you got. Go make a sandwich or take a shower and by the time you get back he will be dead. Then party back up and collect your goodies.
    edited February 2015
    Which ruins your role-playing, @Naten . Using the invisibility potion you could suffer no rep loss, have no xp gain, and there was no visible sign that you ever encountered Drizzt. Sure you, the player, knows what you did, but if you want to role-play that you just came across the armour, or scimitars, or both, then you could role-play it. Your method is both preposterous for role-playing, and is completely out of character for a good aligned group. For a non-role-played or evil play-through then it's completely fine (though I prefer not to use that much cheese for killing Drizzt) but for my purposes it's terrible.

Edit: I feel I should clarify. When I said "I prefer not to use that much cheese for killing Drizzt" I meant when I actually kill him on an evil play-through or something. Obviously the invisibility trick is still exceptionally cheesy.
  • NatenNaten Member Posts: 138
    edited February 2015
    hmm i understand @Elrandir. But i did roleplay. Dorn actually killed Drizzt alone when i did it. The rest of my part had been mind controlled by his Patron Demon lord who desired favor from Lloth if he could kill her most hated betrayer, the mind controlled party held Drizzt down with demonic strength while Dorn pierced his heart with his sword. After the deed was done we snapped out of it and were shocked to see what Dorn had done. We hurried off to the Beregost temple with Drizzt's body and left him to the priests healing spells, leaving quickly knowing that the drow would not be happy to see us if he ever awoke. Dorn was uncharacteristically troubled by the event to it had seemed, he said he could no longer be trusted and must leave. Being his Patron's puppet was fine with him but making those who had helped him his Patron's puppet unwillingly was another thing. He left us with Drizzt's weapons and armor with a final word of advice, " Killing your step-fathers killer will not be easy, make some good come from all this and use these to aid you before sending them back to the Drow. It would be months before Drizzt could properly recover such a terrible wound any ways he would not be needing them." So that's what we did. :)
    wubbleElrandir
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2015
    @Tresset Added, thanks.
    TressetCrevsDaak