Skip to content

The Dumbest Way You Died

13»

Comments

• AureolAureol Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2015
    Perhaps the dumbest way I died was in Icewind Dale.

In the lowest level of Maluradek, I was fighting perhaps my toughest battle ever against a group of HoF harpies (a fuller account here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39353/a-story-how-i-almost-hated-trials-of-the-luremaster-and-by-association-icewind-dale-forever#latest). I died many times in that fight, but there was one time where all went well.

I killed all the harpies, and I was so happy! Foolish me did not quicksave immediately, as I was busy leveling up my party. When I finished, I noticed my cleric was dead. Somehow, I overlooked a Stone Nuisance who so happened to nuke my poor priest of Lathander with a barrage of Magic Missiles. I had no choice but to reload, as he was the only character capable of resurrecting anyone.

I think my intelligence score dropped 4-5 points from that error.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I got killed by a creepy crawly whatsit beneath the Copper Coronet sewers where you're supposed to retrieve one of the components to solve Lilarcor's riddle. Its the one in the room with the Otyugh and the two jellies.

One time I forgot that when you go to pick up the item, you take 10 damage. Well, my party was poorly equipped and wounded after having finished off everything in the sewers. I picked it up and...

NOM!