Skip to content

The Dumbest Way You Died

BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
I know, I'm sure there's been a thread about this but I couldn't find it & perform a resurrection. Pretty much as the title suggests, what's the stupidest way you've bitten then dust in these games?

This particular idiot here was too busy running to the Adverturer's Mart to flog all the booty we'd gathered that I forgot to return the Rift Device to the avatar. Oops! Thank the gods for the Q key.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Shank.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Randomly drinking odd things I'd find like the stuff that was tainting the iron ore.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Nimran: How did that happen?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @elminster: Who's Albert? I've never heard of an Albert in BG. The first thing that came to mind was actually Thorasskus in IWD2, but Thorasskus was a Yuan-ti.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    Albert is the little boy you talk to who wants you to find his "Dog". He is south of Nashkel.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Honestly, the dumbest thing I've done was probably trying to melee the ogre with the belts as a 1st level character.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    fighting a basilic at level 1 ... I didn't expect to meet one but heh !
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Oh, it's definitely doable. It's just pointlessly risky. There are simple, reliable ways to kill that ogre, and melee is not one of them.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the ee's doing solo and dieing from charm spells, as in sirines charm you, game over ( same with vanilla bg2)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @jackjack from the elder thread still wins it for me
    jackjack said:

Chunked by Silence after walking into her shop alone and trying to pickpocket her.

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    On my solo sorcerer run, I had well-planned out counter-strategies to defeat everything Irenicus could throw at me at the Tree of Life...except for the life of me I didn't realize that Maze was a Conjuration rather than an Abjuration spell, so I couldn't figure out why the hell Spell Immunity: Abjuration wasn't stopping him from Mazing me over and over again. It took maybe ten tries to figure out that I was blocking the wrong spell school. Once I was prepared for that, Irenicus didn't stand a chance, but geez, that was me being ignorant AND slow on the uptake.