Skip to content

Your top (3/5/10/15/20) favorite games!

2»

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Definite KUDOS to Anduin for mentioning X-Wing series. I hadn't thought of that game in years, but it was FANTASTIC. It was quite simple in it's execution, merely a space sim, but it was STAR WARS. And you could play as the Rebels OR the Empire. So much love for that game.

I haven't played the X-Wing Series, but that's the same feeling I got regarding Empire at War (it's kinda Ages of Empires III but in Star Wars).
    the_spyder
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    CrevsDaak said:

Definite KUDOS to Anduin for mentioning X-Wing series. I hadn't thought of that game in years, but it was FANTASTIC. It was quite simple in it's execution, merely a space sim, but it was STAR WARS. And you could play as the Rebels OR the Empire. So much love for that game.

I haven't played the X-Wing Series, but that's the same feeling I got regarding Empire at War (it's kinda Ages of Empires III but in Star Wars).
    I love empire at war, I just wish you could have larger battles without messing round in the files.
    CrevsDaak
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2015
    Gotta make some preparations before I post anything here;) To ensure I won't forget some gem I played. For now, onwards to Homeworld: Remastered.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    wubble said:

CrevsDaak said:

I love empire at war, I just wish you could have larger battles without messing round in the files.
    I really wanted to like Empire at War. I tried and tried, but I never got past the first few hours, and usually not even that long. I don't know why.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

wubble said:

CrevsDaak said:

I really wanted to like Empire at War. I tried and tried, but I never got past the first few hours, and usually not even that long. I don't know why.
    I have to admit, that it does get tedious some times, and that's pretty boring to play with the Rebellion (I recommend starting a Skrimish campaign with the most possible planets and playing with the Empire), and that the game itself is oh-god-so-long (I mean, around 30 or more planets and basically two battles on each planet until you build the Death Star).
    wubble
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2015
    1) Metroid; haven't played any of 3D ones though. Yet.
    2) Commander Keen 1-6; 4th part my favorite
    3) Duke Nukum 3D (I think it was with u)
    4) Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
    5) Ecstatica
    6) XCom Terror From the Deep; played EU and Apocalypse too, but TFTD most difficult and really great atmosphere; played remake and Enemy Within too, decent games.
    7) BG Series, IWD series, Fallout Series (didn't play Fallout 3 and Vegas, bcs I don't like Gamebryo or how is that engine called)
    8) Arx Fatalis
    9) Mass Effect 1,2,3
    10) Battlefield 1942
    12) Syberia, The Longest Journey
    13) Lost Vikings
    14) Deus Ex, Deus Ex HR
    15) The Witcher, The Witcher 2
    16) SWTOR
    17) Sacred 2
    18) Diablo 2, Diablo3
    19) Starcraft, Starcraft 2 WoL and HotS
    20) Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3
    21) Wolfenstein 3D, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Unreal Tournament 2004
    22) Original War
    23) Mafia
    24) AvP, AvP 2, Alien: Isolation
    25) Spellforce, Spellforce 2
    26) Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
    27) Scorched Earth
    28) Warhammer 40k + all datadiscs
    29) HoMM 3 +all datadiscs, HoMM 4
    30) Homeworld, Homeworld 2

Thats about it, my favorite games in no particular order through 22 years of gaming.

EDIT: formatting; added nr. 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHSionIV