Skip to content

Damage displayed in the combat log should not be misleading.

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Repro Steps:
1. Load the attached save game.
2. Have Rasaad use Sun Soulray on the rest of the party.
3. Observe the combat log.

Observed: The damage appears in the format as seen in the following screenshot...

Expected: The damage should be in the format that is currently used in BG1:EE as in the following screenshot...

OR

Observed:
Damage is formatted as: Dodalan: Rassad did # damage to Dodalan

Expected:
Damage is formatted as: Rasaad did # damage to Dodalan

Notes: I am saying that, in the example above, the BG2:EE behavior of the displaying the "Dodalan:" before the damage text is superfluous, confusing, and misleading.

EDIT: It looks like this issue is also blocking the display of damage reduction somehow. For instance if you attacked a skeleton with a missile weapon it would just show how much damage was done and not the reduction that took place. It would display the 1 damage done and not display the (10-9) if, for instance, you got 9 damage absorbed by the skeleton's 90% damage resist to missile.
Post edited by Tresset on
CrevsDaakHurricanelelag200JuliusBorisov

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    I also noticed this. This is new since v1.3.2064, and it happens in every situation where damage is dealt. Up until v1.2, the damage was displayed the same way as in vanilla BG2:

Only in v1.3 do we suddenly see this extra name, in color, in front of the damage info:

I intitially thought that this may have been an intended change, but having played a bit now in v1.3 I must say that this is very confusing and annoying.
    lelag200JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Indeed, blocking the display of damage reduction suggests that this is really a bug, not an intended change.
    lelag200JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak