Okay, so people who've seen my previous posts know I've been disgruntled by the inability to change epilogues and other things from the second game (my problems with the first are smaller, and not really a big deal for me since there are mods that address most of them). If anyone knows a good tool to use for this, I'll gladly partake of it.
Before anyone says Infinity Explorer or DLIEP or whatever it is, I've tried them both. Both went terribly. I'll probably blow a gasket if I have to endure one more complaint about how the technology I'm using can't find the dialog.tlk file or the chitin.key file, so if there's a better option, I'll take it.
Anyway, it's not just epilogues; there's also the matter of dialogue involving EE characters and maybe a few non-PC interactions. I'm brainstorming these days.
I may want to get some other people involved in any potential projects - idea filtering, beta-testing, scripts, voice-acting etc. Right now, it's all up in the air, and what I reallly want is a reliable modding program that even a technological amateur like me could use without clawing at my hair.
For posterity, I'll put a few potential ideas for mods down here in the OP so I can keep track of my ideas. I'm terrible with schedules, reminders and things like that. #
* Epilogue/Character Development Expansion/Editing
* Viconia Female Friendship Mod
* Cernd Expansion/Restructuring
* Cernd, Wilson and Jaheira dialogues cribbing on druid ability to speak to animals
* Dorn/Viconia friendship/potential romance banter pack
* Neera love triangle between Dorn and Rasaad
* Anomen switches faith to Tempus Character sidequest, featuring not-dead Brawnwen; also sidequest in ToB to allow him to become CG if this takes place
* Warlord Class/Kit
* Priest kits - Tempus, Auril, Umberlee; associated Stronghold quests take place elsewhere
* Barbarian/Monk Strongholds, elsewhere in Amn
* Potential new Characters: LN Male Human Wizard Slayer, feat. alchemy set for potions to cover weakness, and CG Female Half-Orc Barbarian armed with empathetic axes
Feel free to ask me about any of those mods, by the way. I'm not even sure where I'm going with half of them but they make for fruitful thinking for me.
# "*" used in place of bullet points