Skip to content

Horses, Camels and Dragons. What you should ride into battle... OR an excuse (quest) why they can't!

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Can we have horses that we can ride on please in BG:EE... The infinity engine (should it be renamed the not so inifinty engine?) probably can't cope with that so how about a new quest to explain why?

Kobolds not only have they been messin' with the iron... The pesky critters have been stealing all the horses to make the GLUE OF DOOM! Perhaps our Bhaalspawn could uncover the plot, then get to throw buckets of glue that acts like a hold spell on the targeted enemy...

Our hero in Amn could look to find a Camel to sit on but instead finds that all the camels have decided that no one will sit on them ever again... Maybe a new mosnter a spitting camel in a quest named THE HUMPBACK Notre of AMN (See what I did there... I know not clever...)

Lastly... Maybe a dragon could invite our bhaalspawn to sit on its back... A trick obviously so that he can be eaten... Bwahahahaha!

What do you think?
WardConphantusMoomintrolllolien

Comments

• MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    not sure, if troll... but I think this would break the games style, at what point would riding on a dragon even make sense in this game? This game has a subtle humour, not lapstick stupid, the horse idea isnt a bad thing but I can't see it happening.
    lolien
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I think you have been playing wow for far too long. :|
    lolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Never played WoW, but played BG to death. And no horses? Nwn eventually put horses in, so why not BG? Now camels and Dragons... I was not being serious... But if you could...
    lolien
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    As a tabletop DM my characters would finally get enough money (about 3rd lvl or so) to buy really good mounts and all the associated gear for their horses. However, just about the time they got out of the city and on the road they would get attacked by a bulette (landshark!). The PC's would run away screaming, leaving their freshly bought mounts behind as snack food!

lolien
    A good reason to include horses in BG:EE right there... As tasty snacks for monsters! As a tabletop DM I presume you have areas where horses can't go, such as mines and houses... Not sure how the infinity engine would handle this (I think not at all).
    lolien
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I recommend to read "List of things that can't be done" and stop asking for impossible.
    lolien
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Can you people never laugh? Give the kid a break, he was funny. Don't worry @Auduin, I tell these people jokes ALL THE TIME. They get used to it eventually, as long as you balance it out with 'valid contributions' along the way.
    AnduinConphantusMoomintrolllolien
    @ZelgadisGW I have actually had a good nose at the "list of things that can't be done" and did not find horses (or camel) and the riding of being an impossibility... however I could have missed it. Will check again.
    My main point was actually to give ideas for quests to explain why people in the Baldur's Gate area don't ride horses. Do you think this an okay / good idea?

@Ward I always try to be entertaining :) As BG is played by most people for entertainment purposes... Thank you for the support!
    lolien
    @Anduin riding on horses in BG would require to create additional animations to happen. But, since soure art has been lost, developers can only use already existing animations. In theory, they could just add those animations, but since source art (which is reference, by the way) is lost, it is impossible to create new character graphic and animations that "fits" the rest. So, it is impossible. No can do.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Ward don't most of your jokes get flagged as spam? ^_^
    Wardlolien
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    @Coriander You know you love them Coriander, my favourite herb, don't pretend. They used to get flagged as spam, until one of you beautiful and talented admins removed such functions. If it weren't for the likes of you, people of such exquisite taste in comedy stylings, I would surely be repressed.
    lolien
    @Zelgadis Did you read the bit about the quests?!?

Oh and and I loved your screenshot of Saveoursock on a horse!
    lolien
    @Anduin Yes, I did, but I thought that was some kind of joke.
    lolien
    @ZelgadisGW Half and half. Many quests can have an element of sillyness or surreality (did I just invent a word there...) I think it is silly the lack of horses in BG... So have a silly quest to explain it.
    lolien
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Rocs are where it's at, man.
    lolien
    @LadyRhian Yes, I would love to ride a giant bird too...

Why does this sentence look wrong?
    MoomintrollDjimmylolien
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited September 2012
    @Anduin And would the person who gave it to you be "Giving you the bird in a big way"?
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    Anduinlolien
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Anduin said:

A good reason to include horses in BG:EE right there... As tasty snacks for monsters! As a tabletop DM I presume you have areas where horses can't go, such as mines and houses... Not sure how the infinity engine would handle this (I think not at all).

You must gather your HORSE before venturing forth... :D

lolien
    @Djimmy :) You must UNTETHER your horse before venturing forth!
    lolien