Skip to content

Should they keep the xp cap in BG:EE OR Just make the start of BG2:EE harder?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
The explanation of the need of an xp cap in BG1 was to ensure that your character was of not too high a level as to make the start of BG2 easy. They can leave as is... But as they are now enhancing them both could they not tweak the beginning to make it harder? What do YOU think?
  1. Should they keep the xp cap in BG:EE OR Just make the start of BG2:EE harder?44 votes
    1. Keep the xp cap, leave it old skoolz. Who want's to chase xp dawg?
      20.45%
    2. Caps belong on mushrooms, not games! Remove that xp cap! You are slowing my ascent to Godhood!
      27.27%
    3. The xp cap can be raised but kept... I like to ensure my Bhaalspawn absorbs all the goodness in the slow cooker, not flash fried in the microwave.
      52.27%

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    It is of my personal preference that the XP cap remain as it always has for each individual game in the Baldur's Gate series. I'd rather the series have as little tampering done as possible.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Make it flow... There comes a point in BG1 when you just don't get that much xp for killing things as your just too high a lvl anyway. So the cap is moot in some respects...
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2012
    Anduin said:

Make it flow... There comes a point in BG1 when you just don't get that much xp for killing things as your just too high a lvl anyway. So the cap is moot in some respects...

I can see what you mean, but wouldn't it be somewhat disappointing if the cap were to be removed, and your entire party went, let's say, 3 levels over what used to be the cap? Take that party and fight Sarevok, only to find him of extreme ease.

• CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Since most enemies do not scale with your level (party size and level for that matter), an XP cap is needed to keep the difficulty within acceptable ranges. A slight XP cap raise is nice because I have always felt that I was one level short of reaching 'midway station'.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Definitely don't remove the cap, or you have level 40 characters walking up to Irenicus and slapping him down with ease.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    I don't mind if they keep things as they are, just as long as I can remove the XP cap and customize the game with all the various mods I like. I can balance out the greater XP via XP cap removal and mods content with tactical mods that increase difficulty. Just as long as I can continue to run the game like a tricked out, finely tuned hotrod, I'm happy.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    Raising the cap slightly would be an all-around good solution. Hard to say for certain until I know how much exp there's to be had from the new content.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I barely got through it the first time... :/
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Anduine Actually your right! Without a cap you would not only have to make the start of BG2:EE harder, you would need to make the end of BG1:EE harder...

Surely they can do that for us fans! Give Saveoursock a HUGE sword that casts x3 lightening and mazes you on hit!