Skip to content

Mind Flay when used by PC doesn't yield EXP

DragoonknightDragoonknight Member Posts: 6
edited March 2015 in General Modding
I used EE Keeper to change my player character into an Illithid. However, it would seem that I went a good portion of the game before realizing that upon killing an enemy, no experience is yielded when mind flaying, as opposed to when the same character dispatches an enemy with, say, magic missile. Are there any tweaks I can do to gain experience from this form of attack?
Post edited by Dragoonknight on

Comments

• DragoonknightDragoonknight Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    bump
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2015
    When you kill someone by draining their attribute, you don't get any experience. Mind flayers drain intelligence.

When a character reaches 0 or goes negative in an attribute, they die. So if a character has 8 intelligence and you drain 3 intelligence on each hit, your third hit would kill him.
    I see. Is there any way to change this rule? To allow experience collection upon death by attribute drain?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2015

I see. Is there any way to change this rule? To allow experience collection upon death by attribute drain?

I've never seen a mod change this as it's quite rare for people to use attribute draining attacks.

I can't help you with this myself as I'm not into modding but perhaps @Tresset or someone else with experience in modding can help you.
    Post edited by SionIV on
    Thanks a bunch! Just messaged Tresset.
    It would seem Tresset didn't know. I'm using near infinity and attempting to find entries for experience allocation and attribute draining. Anyone know where I can find these hard-coded entries?
    edited March 2015
    Sorry for the triple post, but Tresset is a friggin' genius! He/she suggested using mindflay with a level drain effect instead, which I made. I still get experience and a similar effect to the regular mindflay.