Skip to content

Need help with Song and Silence

NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62
I'm having trouble installing Song and Silence. The first two components install okay, but the rest have an error. I'd appreciate some advice.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    NightWarden
  • BlagdanBlagdan Member Posts: 13
    I got V6 to work by not installing the sphere system of Divine Remix V8 Beta, it crash my game that it did. So perhaps you have a mod that isn't completely compatible with Song and Silence?
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    Do you have other mod kits installed? I've heard that the game can only handle so many extra kits before it quits registering new ones.
  • NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62

Song & Silence isn't totally working at the moment. Basic changes and items worked for me, but not the kits.

That's good to know. I made the incorrect assumption that the mods listed at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/bg-ee-mods-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links/p1 were in working order unless designated as beta like @AstroBryGuy did when he was working on BG1NPC Project.
    Blagdan said:

I got V6 to work by not installing the sphere system of Divine Remix V8 Beta, it crash my game that it did. So perhaps you have a mod that isn't completely compatible with Song and Silence?

I haven't tried playing Divine Remix yet. Do you recommend it?

Do you have other mod kits installed? I've heard that the game can only handle so many extra kits before it quits registering new ones.

Yes. I have quite a few installed and plan to install more. You can see the mods I've already installed in the log attached to my first post. In addition to those, I plan to install Rogue Rebalancing, BG2 Tweak Pack, SCS, and BP Series Scripts. Every mod on the list I have successfully installed previously, with the exception of Song and Silence.
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    Although I still can't say for sure what the problem IS, I can safely tell you that it isn't what I thought that it might be. It looks to me that you'd still got plenty to work with in terms of spaces for kits.

Although I still can't say for sure what the problem IS, I can safely tell you that it isn't what I thought that it might be. It looks to me that you'd still got plenty to work with in terms of spaces for kits.

Thanks for trying to help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    HudzyNightWarden

Personally, the only issue I'm having with Song & Silence is that its kits get installed, but then are greyed out in the CharGen screens. I think it's a very minor issue with the new patch, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

If anyone is having trouble actually *installing* S&S, it's probably a mod conflict. The DR v8 sphere system is, for the moment, not something you should be using. (The rest of DR is great, though!)

I believe there may be a conflict between the Caina and Zarra NPC mod and Song and Silence, but I'm not adept enough to know how it can be resolved. So, for the time being I've decided to skip Song and Silence. (I'll try again in a few months.)

Would you mind taking a look at the attached file? At the end of the 5th line you'll notice the word "false." Is that normal? Immediately after I installed Xan's Friendship mod, and with each mod afterwards, a window pops up indicating that the mod may not have installed correctly and asks me to confirm that it installed okay.