Skip to content

Tahazzar or Ka'Rashur

Who do you usually side with in Watcher's Keep? My guy is a lawful evil blackguard, so I think I'll side with the Baatezu.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Thesblah said:

Who do you usually side with in Watcher's Keep? My guy is a lawful evil blackguard, so I think I'll side with the Baatezu.

You only get a choice if you're true neutral or neutral evil I'm pretty sure, otherwise it goes by your alignment, right?
  • ThesblahThesblah Member Posts: 56
    Wowo said:

Thesblah said:

You only get a choice if you're true neutral or neutral evil I'm pretty sure, otherwise it goes by your alignment, right?
    Well, Tahz the Tanar'ri offered me the chance to kill Ka'Rashur the Baatezu, so I think it only matters who you run into first and that you're not good aligned.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If you can pick, then side with whoever is preceded by the dead magic zone. That way you can avoid fighting without buffs.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Picking anything other than Tanar'ri is just WRONG.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

You only get the Thieves Hood if you side with the Baatezu, right?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I think it's reasonable for a Good character to kill both varieties of evil. If I had to choose, I'd pick the Baatezu cos I am Lawful.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    When I am neutral or good I kill both
    If I m not, I side with the Baatezu because I do not like Tanar'ris
  • ThesblahThesblah Member Posts: 56
    Wowo said:

You only get the Thieves Hood if you side with the Baatezu, right?
    You get the Thieves' Hood regardless of which side you choose.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    In my current run, I sided with Tahazzar (because you meet him first if you follow Yakman's directions) and killed Ka'rashur for him, but then after he'd given me the Thieves Hood as reward, I double-crossed Tahazzar and killed him too.

If I were playing Evil, especially if it were Lawful Evil, then I'd probably feel more inclined to stick to the deal rather than double-crossing the quest-giver (although in that case I'd probably have done the deal with Ka'rashur rather than Tahazzar). But as it happens, tough luck for those demons, my protagonist is Chaotic-Neutral-leaning-towards-Good and isn't going to let Evil monsters just walk away.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I usually kill both.
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    Apart from killing them, what is needed to get this quest from them?
    My previous party (pc ng blade, ce sarevok, minsc, cernd, imoen, neera; rep heroic 20)) - got the quest from Tahazzar.
    My current party (pc ng fighter dualled to thief, ce sarevok, tn viconia, minsc, nalia, haer'dalis; rep popular 15) cannot get the quest - both demons say that I'm too good to cooperate with and attack.
    Both parties are approximately the same and I don't understand what's wrong.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It appears as though they go by the alignment of whoever they are talking to. So if you are LG, for instance, but you have Jaheira and she happens to be the closest to them they will speak to her and since her alignment is TN they will give the quest. If, however, they can sense that Charname is a paladin (non-blackguard) they will aggro no matter who they talk to.

The demons will attack if they speak to a character of any good alignment or of LN alignment.
    The devils will attack if they speak to a LG or NG character.
    Like I said above, if Charname is a non-blackguard paladin they both will attack no matter who they talk to.