Skip to content

Yourself as a DnD character

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
Hello everybody ~

I would like to know how you would imagine yourself to be, if you where a DnD character, preferably Forgotten Realms (though if you prefer different setting, be my guest).

This is not about showcasing your OCs and Charnames, you are supposed to show who you most likely would be, not who you would like to be.
[spoiler=Le moi]image

Name: Brie
Because it sstarts with a "B" like my real name and because it's a cheese.
I love cheese.

Race: Half-Orc
Human (Damaran) and either Grey or Mountain Orc.
I am unusually tall for a woman and a bit coarse in build, well, and coarse in general :P
I would also get to have green skin (green is my fav colour), tusks and pointy ears, which is awesome ~

Class: Lvl 1 Bard/ Lvl 1 Ranger
Bard because I used to play the drums as a teenager.
Ranger because my father used to be an actual ranger and he taught me a thing or two.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Well, this shouldn't come as a suprise for those of you who know me ;)

Home: Damara
It's basically, sorta the FR equivalent to Germany.

Stats:
Str: 11 or 12. Maybe 13.
Dex: -7 :I
Con: 10. I may look tough, but I am actually whimp :I
Int: 15. I used to read *a lot* as a child and teenager. My IQ is also above average.
Wis: 12 ....? I am really not sure about that one. On the one hand, I have a lot more life experience than most people my age. On the other hand, I sometimes do really really dumb stuff. But then again, I have really good forsight. It's hard to determine that one subjectively.
Cha: 16. I may not be the prettiest face out there, but people usually instantly like me, especially other women and girls... sometimes to a rather creepy degree :I[/spoiler]
Post edited by Buttercheese on

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited March 2015
    Well, hm, we are going to assume your alter ego grew up in DnD land and is used to all this stuff xD
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would probably be a bard or sorcerer, because they rely on creativity and personal experience .
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    edited March 2015
    8;8;8;8;8;8 is average in ADnD ?

itt : lots of superman-like
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Hmm When character making always put emphasis on STR and CON,WIS but no CHR so it maybe not cute one, I guess.
    Oh by the way favorite race is human ;)
  • VorschesVorsches Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    This looks fun, lets see...

The easiest way to connect what I see in-game of the ability scores with real life are through sports, school grades, and other more "wishy-washy" details. I'll try to use the descriptions of the ability scores to help guide me. I'll also set this up like a charname creation screen to the best of my ability, because it's nice and straightforward.

I'll make the assumption that average stats are probably around 10±1 for your everyday person (7 down from 10 is the usual minimum at 3, and 8 up from 10 is the usual maximum of 18, at least among most of the races). I'll make an additional assumption, that being that athletes have maybe an average of 14±1 in most of the "physical" ability scores.

Though I'd like this to be unbiased, studies have shown that people tend to overestimate their skills, abilities, and scores on tests... I'm probably not an exception to this, but here goes!

...Also I want to apologize in advance for how often I relate to sports (yey, sperts), but they just happen to be the best experiences I have to relate "physical" abilities to in the real world. (Especially since we don't have hobgoblins or other baddies to test ourselves against!)

[spoiler=The numbers and why]

Race: Elf(?), I'm a little shorter than average and a mix of wiry/athletic body types (compared to the statures of race/class types in-game I probably resemble closest the elf fighter's physique.)

Class: Fighter/Mage multiclass, life for me has been school and sports so far, easy pick here.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral, although I'm empathetic enough to fit the Lawful Good mold, I mostly feel good and evil are kind of subjective in this day and age, everyone has their own point of view and personal reasons for doing what they do. But overall, things in general seem to work better if they are ordered and clear.

Strength: 13 or 14, Since I played sports all my life that has certainly helped me build some lean muscle, but apart from being fast among my peers I usually had to play craftier or smarter. I'm not about to "outbrute" anyone who works out regularly anytime soon.

Dexterity: 17, this is hard to gauge, and I'm probably biased by my need to powergame (anything less than 18 dex is unacceptable, and it hurts that I almost never touch Dwarves in chargen). But overall, this is probably pretty close if I compare myself to the teammates I've had over the years.

Constitution: 16, I often run 5k's, I enjoy long hikes, I seem to very rarely get sick, and I haven't had a concussion or other serious injuries in all my years playing soccer, rugby, and other sports so I think this is accurate.

Intelligence: 16, I get good grades, I enjoy reading, I learn quickly, and I like to think I have pretty good reasoning.

Wisdom: 12, this is tough to gauge as well. I assume I am a little naive (maybe enough so that I don't know for sure if I am or not, haha), my judgement and common sense are likely a bit better than average, but like everyone's are subject to how they are tempered and shaped by their thoughts and beliefs.

Charisma: 11, as far as I can tell I'm pretty average when it comes to looks. I'll step up to lead if I must, but I typically avoid doing so. I'm friendly and good natured, but that is only somewhat connected to the idea of charisma as I interpreted it in the context of Baldur's Gate's description. [/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Just the numbers]

Race: Elf

Class: Fighter/Mage Multi

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength: 13 or 14

Dexterity: 17

Constitution: 16

Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 11[/spoiler]
    Post edited by Vorsches on
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Im drawn to the ranger class but a ranger living in a city must be blasphemy,so I'm probably a cleric/thief gnome or something,pretty wise and quick if i has to be,but clever..hell no.
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    Alignment: Lawful Good. Lawful because I've pretty much always stuck to the rules [Never drank underage, never consumed illegal substances, never physically assaulted anyone, never shoplifted or robbed someone, never jaywalked, ect.]. Good because I'm always up for helping people [Just yesterday I helped an old man with a hurt leg stay safe on the bus and held his bag for him, lent a bus ticket to a friend while asking for no payback, held doors open for people, ect.] without ever really being "evil" at any point.

I would list my strength and whatnot... but you have to remember, if life was like D&D, then our statistics would be different, correct? Depending on what class you want to pursue in life, you would train what you need, such as becoming stronger to be a fighter, or more intelligent to be a mage. Right now, I'm living a life where I don't *need* to be fit, charismatic, dexterous, super smart or religious. Depending on how many D&D elements you throw into the situation, it'll cause people to feel more pressured into becoming better, to make these arbitrary numbers higher. Myself right now as a D&D character would just be your average crappy NPC commoner with no good stats to boot. I wouldn't even have a class, not without proper training.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2015
    I'd be a fallen or at least failed paladin due to probably not having it in me to be sufficiently virtuous at every given turn (NG or CG). And then, as a fighter without access to weapon mastery I'd aspire to serve Tyr in sporadic attempts at redemption, again succumb to passion and ultimately say fuck it and switch to Ilmater. If I got the chance early I would die a martyr, but if I had to lead an ascetic life I would say fuck it once more and die a penniless drunk destined to be judged false.

Also at some point I would buy an overpriced scroll (not necessarily authentic) because I'd decided to dabble in magic, but I wouldn't understand it. Even if it were within my capability to eventually grasp it, I wouldn't have the patience, and ultimately I'd sell it to afford another drink.

13/8/14/14/9/7
    Post edited by enqenq on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    A D&D character? I can only imagine myself being a premade character named Ao.