Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG ] Store Fixes (0824)

BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
edited September 2012 in Fixed
To put it bluntly, stores, taverns, and inns are a mess. Many shops are not unique so if you buy stuff from one then you are buying from another. Bartenders are not correctly assigned and some establistments are missing their specific names.
Ulgoth's Beard store also has problems with items either not being identified or unlimited quantity.
Post edited by Bhryaen on
AndreaColomboTanthalasBhryaenChrisYuilolien

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited July 2012
    checking this one now

Potentially fixed - I translated the change log into tp2 script, so there may have been some stuff missed.
    Post edited by SethDavis on
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Sounds good. I'll give it a test if it's in the next build.
    @SethDavis I noticed the following was missing:
    Funny thing is this code refuses to run for me claiming that bart11 does not exist. Did you have a similar problem?

<<<<<<<< bart11.d REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT bart11 ~tav0721~ ~tavbar11~ >>>>>>>> COMPILE ~bart11.d~
    ah, missed that one, good catch. I have no problem running it though.
    edited August 2012
    @SethDavis Once serious bug that crashes the game. You have created a file named TEMP4003.STO. It should be TEM4003.STO, without the P.

Other than that, many of the shop names seem to be missing. Here is the list.
    COPY_EXISTING ~sto0706.sto~ ~override~ //Merchant 
    SAY NAME2 #9432
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0705.sto~ ~override~ //Elfsong Tavern
    SAY NAME2 #1167
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~sto4906.sto~ ~override~ //Carnival Shop
    SAY NAME2 #11688
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~stoblack.sto~ ~override~ //Black Lily
    SAY NAME2 #12706
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~stosilen.sto~ ~override~ //Shop of Silence
    SAY NAME2 #20639
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0721.sto~ ~override~ //Tavern
    SAY NAME2 ~Tavern~ // Maybe you can make a new string for this in the dialogue?
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0809.sto~ ~override~ //Store
    SAY NAME2 #13700
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0810.sto~ ~override~ //Maltz' Weapon Shop
    SAY NAME2 #11782
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav4809.sto~ ~override~ //The Belching Dragon
    SAY NAME2 #11764
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tem0002.sto~ ~override~ //Temple of Helm
    SAY NAME2 #11703
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0720.sto~ ~override~ //Drakon Tavern
    SAY NAME2 #20635
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tavbar11.sto~ ~override~ //Tavern
    SAY NAME2 ~Tavern~ // Maybe you can make a new string for this in the dialogue?
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tem4003.sto~ ~override~ //Alvahendar's healing and sundries
    SAY NAME2 #20713
    BUT_ONLY
    COPY_EXISTING ~tav0133.sto~ ~override~ //Low Lantern
    SAY NAME2 #14976
    BUT_ONLY
    I'll continue looking for more issues.
    Post edited by Balquo on
    sto4803 - Nashkel Store - You can buy but not sell shields. This should be enabled.
    Another thing. Ulgoth's Inn is messed up now. Various items are completely missing from his inventory. The problem with the Inn was the identified issue and unlimited item issue.
    Camdawq has wrote some code which fixes them both for every .STO in the game. I would remove ULGOTH.STO from the override folder and run the code from here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1901/bgee-stores-with-infinite-stocked-items#latest
    edited August 2012
    Ach! why is it so broken!
    edited August 2012
    OK, was writing shorts instead of longs for the names, that's fixed

temp4003 now tem4003

nashkel buying shields should be fixed

Ulgoth was a mess because i was writing shorts rather than longs AND I'm incapable of adding 0x18 and 4 without my brain screaming 22, thanks elementary math.... It's 0x1c by the way.
    edited August 2012
    @SethDavis tem4003 confirmed fixed but temp4003 still exists in the override folder. Should probably delete it.

Nashkel Store buying shields confirmed fixed.

bart11.dlg using tavbar11 confirmed fixed.

Ulgoth Inn is back to default. It still has items unidentified and unlimited issues. Use the code from here
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1901/bgee-stores-with-infinite-stocked-items#latest Fixes these issues in every store :)

Still some issues with shop names:

These both should be named "Tavern" but there is no stringref for it. Should make one for them.
    tav0721.sto
    tavbar11.sto

This should be called "Alvahendar's healing and sundries" #20713
    tem4003.sto

Another quite major bug. tav0133.sto does not exist. You can create it from tav0154. Needs to be named "Low Lantern" #14976
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There is one for #11693 Pub... others use that.
    Actually, that works too as both tav0721 and tavbar11 only sell drinks.

Pub sounds very modern just :P haha
    Avenger_teambgAndreaColombo
    I agree, all pub-->tavern would work.
    edited August 2012
    Potentially fixed - names changed as indicated, missing tavern added and renamed, @CamDawg's fix from the linked thread has been applied and the file in the override is probably there because we don't delete anything in the uses override (unless you did a clean install in which case I should go hunting)

Third times the charm?
    Confirmed NOT fixed (only 2 remains):

tav0721 - bad string, should be 'Tavern' - a new string
    tav4809 - bad string, should be the Belching Dragon (this is canon, isn't it)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Avenger_teambg
    At least that's what the sign outside the door says "Belching Dragon Tavern"
    And tagging @SethDavis for the last fix.
    Potentially fixed - As soon as "Pub" become "Tavern" things should be good
    Pubs are still not Tavern, but @AndreaColombo can do that, strref in question is: #11693
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Fixed.
    Moving this one back to Found and Fixed then.
    Confirmed fixed.
    #11693 is now Tavern
    That was the last remaining issue.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Balquo said:

I have done all the fixes myself

Eh @Balquo? Didn't know you were now taking singlehanded credit not just for the BG1 Fixpack but also BG1 Unfinished Business as well? :p
    edited September 2012
    @Miloch
    LOL no idea why that is there - I think I was making reference to the notes in the second post - which i did do myself :p

Anyway, here is the original post, which does credit them - also has the code which I should remove come to think of it.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/306/bg1fixpack-store-tavern-and-inn-problems#latest

EDIT: Everything now removed.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    forgive my ignorance, I am not a coder, but it sounds like you guys are discussing making shops only have 1 item each, but what if I'm trying to build a custom party of all mages for example and I can only buy 1 set of gear for them?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012

forgive my ignorance, I am not a coder, but it sounds like you guys are discussing making shops only have 1 item each, but what if I'm trying to build a custom party of all mages for example and I can only buy 1 set of gear for them?

I think it depends on the item. For mundane or + items, then having multiple items in stock is OK to me. For named items I only expect there to be 1 in stock as it is a unique item.

This just makes each shop unique, as right now some shops are used more than once so when you buy from one you are removing stock from another.
    TanthalasMiloch
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Yeah, I always found this disorienting in BG City when I'd find about 3 or 4 stores with the exact same inventory, including items I'd just sold to one clear across town...
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Yes, it was a clear bug. Stores (and their inventories) are um... stored... in saved games, so if you sell to one store in southern Baldur's Gate and that same store is referenced in northern Baldur's Gate, that item will be there, completely against all reason apart from magical teleportation of inventory (which honestly defies a good reason).

@FalkonSwiftblade - in effect, you may be able to buy more stuff with these fixes, since a lot of stores were not referenced properly (but based on their names and other clues, clearly were intended to be). This is particularly the case in BG city, where things appear to have gotten a bit rushed (deadlines and whatnot).