Skip to content

Headcanons...

MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
Just thought this might be a fun topic to post. While playing the BG saga, do you have any personal canons about certain elements in the story? For instance, I am of the belief that Amylessan is Imoen's mother, though they both don't know it. There isn't any evidence supporting this but neither is there any evidence completely rejecting the idea. To me it just adds more to the story.

Yours?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Gorion's Ward is no Bhaalspawn but one of the very first Ghaunadaurspawns.

Imoen doesn't exist. She's merely the renmant of an illusion spell cast by an Wild Mage's Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

Minsc's animal companion is no hamster. And neither is he a ranger for that matter. In truth that dude is just a peasant controlled by some stray, mangy cranium rat.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited March 2015
    Here is my personal canon.

Abdel, the protagonist of the novels is NOT the canonical identity of the game protagonist. Gorion adopted and raised three Bhaalspawn instead of two. He adopted Abdel first. According to Abdel's origin as depicted in the official novel, it is not the same as the game. A paladin rescued Abdel and brought him to Gorion. A few years later, Gorion adopted my Charname, a human male named Ralis, choosing to adopt him over Sarevok. (My Charname is 6 years younger than Abdel.) Then a few years later, Gorion adopted Imoen. When Abdel grew old enough, he left Candlekeep to become a mercenary for hire, leaving Gorion to raise only Ralis and Imoen.

After being forced to leave Candlekeep and losing Gorion to Sarevok, Ralis travels with Imoen, (Montaron and Xzar temporarily), Khalid, Jaheira, Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, (Edwin temporarily), Minsc, Dynaheir, Xan (he dies later on like in the novel), Kivan (he dies too), Viconia, Coran, Safana, Yeslick (he dies too), Ajantis, and Quayle (not for long) to learn the secrets of the iron crisis and stop Sarevok.

After Sarevok's defeat, everyone except Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir leave Ralis and go their separate ways. After being forced to leave the Sword Coast and being captured by Irenicus months later, Ralis and Imoen reunite with Abdel, who has also been captured by Irenicus but is instead being experimented on by his henchmen (Irenicus is more interested in Ralis than Abdel because he shows more potential as a Bhaalspawn).

While making money to get help from Gaelan Bayle's contacts, Ralis travels with Abdel, Yoshimo, Jaheira, Neera, Minsc, Rasaad, Tashia (one of the companion mods), Cernd, Korgan, Hexxat, Viconia, Dorn, Anomen, Mazzy, Aerie, Valygar, Jan, Haer'Dalis, Nalia, Keldorn (only when investigating the Unseeing Eye cult, Ralis let him retire to live with his family), and Edwin (who dies eventually), and reuniting with Montaron, Xzar, Ajantis Coran and Safana (all except Coran get killed). During the adventure, helping people with their personal quests like Neera, Hexxat, Rasaad and Dorn and defeating enmies like Firkraag, Abdel and Jaheira become a couple like in the official novel, Ralis tries to rebuild his romantic relationship with Neera but the attempt fails, Anomen tries to flirt with Neera, Haer'Dalis flirts with Aerie, and a complicated love triangle happens between Aerie and Viconia over Ralis, but eventually my Charname ends up with Viconia.

After rescuing Imoen and defeating Irenicus in Suldanesslar, the Bhaalspawn wars start. During the events of Throne of Bhaal, Ralis allows Sarevok to join the party without putting a geas spell on him, much to Jaheira, and Abdel's disdain, helps Neera defeat the Order of wild mage hunting Red Wizards once and for all, helps Rasaad defeat Alorgoth, unwittigly helps Viekang during the fire giant siege of Saradush to escape (setting up his return in Murder In Baldur's Gate to kill Abdel 100 years from now), helps Rasaad defeat Alorgoth, and frees Dorn from the servitude of Ur-Gothoz, helps Viconia and Sarevok change their alignment, defeats the Five at the cost of the lives of Jaheira, Haer'Dalis, Imoen, Sarevok, Hexxat and Dorn, defeats Amelyssan and refuses to ascend to godhood. Abdel refuses to ascend too but does not give up the taint in his blood, setting up his fate in Murder In Baldur's Gate.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Valygar attacks me on sight, just like his friends do outside. It's not like I broke into a random guy's house and killed him without listening to his story just because I was doing a solo run. It was self-defense!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    My Bhaalspawn's mother was the protagonist of the NWN1 expansions (Shadows of Undrentide/Hordes of the Underdark) and his daughter was the Knight-Captain of Crossroad Keep (NWN2/Mask of the Betrayer). Sure, the timeline doesn't technically line up, but who cares?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Val'myr, my Drow Necromancer (Cleric/Necromancer) Bhaalspawn, marries Alora at the end of BG1. Irenicus kills her along with Khalid and Dynaheir. Then in BG2 I don't romance anyone because unlike Jaheira I'm super distraught over my dead spouse >_>

AND HE WILL THEN BECOME A GOD TO BRING HER BACK!

That is until I eventually stop being lazy, learn to mod the game, and make an Alora NPC+Romance mod. XD

I've never actually finished ToB so the last part is kind of fuzzy since I've never had the option to become a God.

Also, if I bring Aerie in the party I can't help but romance her. She's too cute >_<
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I didn't Imprison those people forever. I'll come back and cast Freedom after the adventure is over.

That's how I justify using such a horribly evil spell like Imprisonment.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Coran isn't found in the forest of Tethyr and doesn't get mauled by wolfweres. Instead he goes to Amn and joins up with CHARNAME.

Pure coincidence. Its not like I'm shilling for an NPC mod or anything...
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    I always imagine my Charname losing an eye to Sarevok in the climax of BG1 after getting too cocky in their fight. In ToB, Balthazar is defeated by the combined force of Rasaad and Sarevok, while Viconia defeats Sendai. Yaga-Shura's prisoner in his temple is Shar-Teel, who kills him and a large portion of his army before dying.

Also, my Charname romances Nalia and refuses to ascend in ToB. I like to think he becomes Lord Mage of Amn like Blackstaff for Waterdeep and that he builds a wizard tower in the De'Arnise keep.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    My favorite Headcanon are the ones used by Mobile Suits in Gundam!

Hah. Get it? Like.

Head
    Canons.

Headcanon.

Head vulcans.

:D

I'm sorry.