Skip to content

Creating custom effects for weapons

Is it possible to add an effect to a weapon that only applies if the weapon is wielded by a specific class or kit? Other classes can use the weapon, but only the specific class or kit would gain the extra effect. For example, a holy avenger that is usable by all classes as a longsword +2, but in the hands of a paladin, it becomes a +5 weapon with additional effects.

Further, is it possible to level restrict this effect (i.e. user must be 8th level or higher?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Long story short... No.

As far as restrictions go you could try playing around with the new Restrict Item (319) opcode, but I doubt it would work out for you.
  • Balsak_the_SweatyBalsak_the_Sweaty Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm, I thought you could. I've been poring over the rogue rebalancing mod to see how they limited the THAC0 bonus to thieves only for the revised short sword of backstabbing and might have figured out how they did it. They have the class restriction set to '5' or '4' for classes and kits, respectively. And then you need to select the desired ones from the identifier files.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    This is actually quite possible. Basic enchantment bonus stuff is very easy; more unique effects would depend on the effect, targetting, etc. What did you have in mind?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    (one of these days I will learn to not say stupid things that I don't know about anyway...)
  • Balsak_the_SweatyBalsak_the_Sweaty Member Posts: 9
    I'm developing a kit based on the Hammer of Moradin prestige class and would like to add a flag that would ultimately allow them to treat all hammers as throwing and returning. I'd like to restrict that change to the kit and ideally to level restrict the effect as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.