Skip to content

[not an issue] No extra Attacks per Round for all classes, Edwin lost Weapon Proficiency

MartinBergerMartinBerger Member Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
MacOS Yosemite
BG version: 1.3.2053
Multiplayer session

My whole party Attacks per Round stuck as if they were lvl 1 instead of lvl 6.

Main character is Fighter, with four slots in Mace, has only 3/2 APR at lvl 6.
Applies to Dorn also, he has only 1 attack with two handed sword, with two slots in Two-handed Sword.

At lvl 3, i assigned Edwin to have Slings proficiency, at lvl 6 i noticed it was missing.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, a level 6 fighter with 4 *s in a weapon and wielding that weapon in one hand is supposed to only get 3/2 APR. This will change to 2 APR once you reach level 7 and get a bonus 1/2 APR. So that part is not an issue.

Dorn on the other hand, should have 2/3 APR when using his 2-handed sword at levels 1-6. Also *s shouldn't disappear... Hmm... Do you ever use the Luck Spell?

Could you upload your save file so that I can take a look at it? Zip the entire folder of your save file, which should look something like "0000000####-your save name", and upload the zip to the forums.
    TJ_Hooker
  • MartinBergerMartinBerger Member Posts: 3
    I dont get that :) 4 slots is High Mastery i think... That's more than 3/2... Unless that is not supported.

You will see that Edwin only has two slots in Weapon Proficiencies.
    At lvl 3, i set him Slings Weapon Proficiency, and at lvl 6 there were no slot in Slings (?) which was strange, so i assigned it again.

I got him at party lvl 2 i think.

Here is that save file. That is Multiplayer game save file. It is compressed at Mac.
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    Pre-level 7, 3/2 attacks is normal for a figther, it is not untill level 7 warriors get another ½ attack, or at eventual grand mastery at level 9.

You will see that Edwin only has two slots in Weapon Proficiencies.
    At lvl 3, i set him Slings Weapon Proficiency, and at lvl 6 there were no slot in Slings (?) which was strange, so i assigned it again.

I'm reasonably sure that mages aren't supposed to get an additional proficiency point at level 3... sounds a bit dodgy to me.

TJ_Hooker
  • MartinBergerMartinBerger Member Posts: 3
    @Sertorius I dont remember clearly when he got it, 3rd or 4th, but he got it, and then that assigned Slings WP was gone.

By ADnD 2Ed Core Rules it should have been at lvl 4, if i remember correctly from my DM days.
    @MartinBerger Keep in mind that this game is based on an adaptation of D&D rules and not an exact implementation of them. A great many things will not line up with ADnD core rules and that does not mean that these things are all bugs, it just means that this is BG and it does things differently. Think of it this way: BG has its own Homebrew rules. I will have a look at your save now...
    I see no issues here. Dorn has only 1 APR because he has a morningstar equipped and he is not proficient with those. When I switched him to his sword and he returned to the 3/2 APR that he gets with 2-handed swords.

As was explained before, High Mastery does not give a bonus APR so that is not an issue.

Edwin still has his proficiency in slings so I am not sure why you thought it was missing. He gets no bonuses at all for having that, he just gets to not be penalized for slinging.

I am going to assume that this is a case of confusion of D&D core rules with BG's homebrew rules and mark it as not an issue.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2015

Main character is Fighter, with four slots in Mace, has only 3/2 APR at lvl 6.

As others have pointed out, this is expected behaviour.

Applies to Dorn also, he has only 1 attack with two handed sword, with two slots in Two-handed Sword.

In your save Dorn is wielding a morningstar, hence the 1 APR. If I switch to his 2H sword, I get 3/2 APR, as expected.

At lvl 3, i assigned Edwin to have Slings proficiency, at lvl 6 i noticed it was missing.

Mages don't get another proficiency point until level 6, so you must be remembering wrong. Edwin is level 6, and has a total of 2 proficiency points, so this is as expected.

Everyone else has the appropriate number of attacks as well.