Skip to content

Is there any change Planescape Torment will get Enhanced Edition?

MonarchXMonarchX Member Posts: 15
I know Beamdog does not have the rights to Planescape Torment to release an Enhanced Edition version, but is there a possibility that such rights can be acquired? I want PST EE more than any other game, although there are fix packs, tweaks packs, and other content-restoring patches/mods for the original PST. Enhanced Edition would be SO awesome. I would buy it for $50!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anything is possible.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    A modded PST is enough for me.
    I would prefer new patches for BGee.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    Would they do anything beyond what the community already fixed (bugs, resolution, content)? Like a proper combat AI (which is probably the only thing missing?)? Nope. So why bother? :)

Game is so epic though.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited March 2015
    Skie said:

Like a proper combat AI (which is probably the only thing missing?)? Nope.

You are right. Combat is playable like an hack & slash.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I saw some of the devs saying they would like to do a PlanescapeEE. I really hope they manage to do it :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I would make a pilgrimage to whatever place on the Solar System to have a chance to translate new content of PSTEE :smile:
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Well if all lines are voice acted then I would be a happy gamer, alas fat chance methinks.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    @Amber_Scott Also, IWD2 while you're at it. Someday. Maybe. Please. That would be great. Please. Maybe.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    @Musaab Only if they let us cut out that forest-maze-puzzle thing. Man I hated that part.
  • MonarchXMonarchX Member Posts: 15
    PST has issues running on Windows 8.1, like flickering and stuff. I had to uninstall DDrawFix and use DDraw Fog Flickering Fix. It took me weeks to find all the info and get the game running good on my PC. This is where Enhanced Edition would shine. It would eliminate such problems, fix even more game bugs, enhance graphics, compatibility, etc. I think EE would revive such a masterpiece for today's gamers who have not played it and provide polished experience for those who already played and beat the game!

Let's start a petition! What is the first thing needed to begin development of PST EE? Buying rights? Convincing developers? Raising money? Let's do it, people!
  • rjspringrjspring Member Posts: 3
    I'd be on board, for nothing else to be able to play on my tablet
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Tablet support, absolutely gut and replace the combat system, and get rid of the stupid radial menu thing. I still have not gotten all the way through that game due solely to the combat being so bad. This is one game that would benefit from a story mode difficulty setting, imo.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    MonarchX said:

PST has issues running on Windows 8.1, like flickering and stuff. I had to uninstall DDrawFix and use DDraw Fog Flickering Fix. It took me weeks to find all the info and get the game running good on my PC. This is where Enhanced Edition would shine. It would eliminate such problems, fix even more game bugs, enhance graphics, compatibility, etc. I think EE would revive such a masterpiece for today's gamers who have not played it and provide polished experience for those who already played and beat the game!

Let's start a petition! What is the first thing needed to begin development of PST EE? Buying rights? Convincing developers? Raising money? Let's do it, people!

You can't have anything running in the background for sure, but that takes care of most of the issues. I would love to see this as well, but what is good to know is that simply following the modding guide on GOG.com basically turns PS:T into a Enhanced Edition on it's own. Icewind Dale 2 the best you can do is run it at the highest resolution possible.
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    I personally think it would open up its accessibility if it was on Steam because fewer people know about GOG compared to Steam. I agree, there should be an advanced edition.
  • MonarchXMonarchX Member Posts: 15
    I'd say a lot of people know of GoG, not to mention some Steam content is linked to GoG, is it not?