Skip to content

after Candlekeep

I was freed from captivity, fought through the catecombs, and now it appears I need to go back to Baldur's Gate to stop the dastardly Sarevok.

Unfortunately, how to do this is a bit unclear. Specifically, where to go? Back to Iron Fist HQ? Back to the Iron Throne building? Wander the city at random? Retire and take up Ankheg farming?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    lol... Ankheg farming is underated. :smiley:

I suggest you sneak around the city a little bit, talk to people who might not have been there before. Avoid Flaming Fist soldiers, you are wanted fugitives now. Unless you happen to have access to a lot of magical invisibility, I suggest that you use the sewers to travel around without being harassed by the authorities around every corner.

If you want something a bit more specific, but not really a spoiler...

Talk to the woman at the front of Sorcerous Sundries. And yes, going back to the Iron Throne HQ is not a bad idea.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    FrdNwsm said:

Specifically, where to go? Back to Iron Fist HQ? Back to the Iron Throne building?

Try it all! There're in fact several routes that will lead you to the same outcome. Going back to the Iron Throne building seems to be a fine choice, if basing it on what happened to your party in Candlekeep. While you go there through the city, you can encounter several people who will in one way or another direct you further in the questline.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    bengoshi said:

While you go there through the city, you can encounter several people who will in one way or another direct you further in the questline.

This. ^^^
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    It looks like I need to do the things in a specific order.
    >>And whatever you do, don't listen to my advice. <<

Sorry, did you say something?

edited March 2015
    Oh, and I burned Durlag's Tower to the ground, and sold Balduran's logbook. Neither were particularly helpful regarding the current situation.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    If you're still wondering what to do, consider who hired you to investigate the Iron Throne to begin with. Perhaps try reporting back to him. Talk to the man with a name similar to a famous jazz musician from the "big band" era.
    Duke Ellington is one of the co-rulers of Baldur's Gate?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    FrdNwsm said:

*Tresset fails his resist pun check*

No, actually he is a famous jazz musician. :trollface:

Duke Eltan, however, is a one of the dukes of Baldur's Gate and does co-rule it with the other dukes.
  • Tad_Has_A_Cold_OliveTad_Has_A_Cold_Olive Member Posts: 183
    FrdNwsm said:

His "who cares if Jazz is anachronistic let's just play" policy is very popular among the citizenry, you know.