Skip to content

Alt-Tab Issues

KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
the moment i start up BG2ee, and i alt tab. i cannot get back into the game.

when i try to get back in, it automatically returns me to desktop. Restarting the game doesnt help. Only restarting the system does.

Any fixes? thanks!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited March 2015
    hmm, I'm able to. A couple of thoughts.
    - Is the game patched to 1.3.
    - What operating system are you using.
    - Does holding down the Alt key and pressing tab until the game is previewed work.
    - Does left-clicking the game icon on the taskbar work.

It sounds like the game is still running, which is why trying to restart it won't work but a reboot will. You could find the game in task manager and use end process to avoid a reboot.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for replying!

1) Yes. its been patched to the latest version.
    2) Windows 8.1
    3) Same issue.
    4) Left clicking on the task bar brings it into the game for a short moment, before it automatically alt-tabs out again.

one more thing i forgot to mention. the first time it bounced out, it prompted me to change my screen resolution, which i did to the recommendation.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    The game should only ever change game window resolution for non-fullscreen. It's probably worth checking that as below.

With the game closed rename your baldur.ini file. That should be in your documents folder bakdur's gate II - enhanced edition subfolder. Restart the game and see if it makes a difference.

I had a similar issue some time back on my old laptop and found using Alt/Enter to switch to Windowed Mode worked better because I could then switch from the game without minimising, and then Alt/Enter to return to fullscreen when I wanted to resume.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KZhangKZhang Member Posts: 8
    Hi Gate,

Somehow or rather, the bug is now gone, and i was unable to replicate it.

Thank you so much for your help!
    JuliusBorisov