Skip to content

Different dialogue options depending on party member

TiberianTiberian Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
Hello. I've played BG2 (not EE) quite long ago and now I need to remember something: are there new dialogue options depending on with wich party member you approach an NPC or who is party leader? I remember at least one such dialogue in IWD, when you could approach with a wizard (and his high int) to convince a thief to give you items and run away, but can't really remember something similar in BG2. Can anyone help me pls? Thank you!
Post edited by Tiberian on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The only class only dialogue I can think of relates to your stronghold. Even then the strongholds are sometimes even given to multiple class types. For instance

The D'Arnise Keep is given to Fighters (including Barbarians), Monks, and Blackguards. Also the mage sphere is given to both mages and sorcerers

Icewind Dale/IWDEE tends to have that kind of variable (depending on stats, class, and even sometimes your kit) dialogue, but the Baldur's Gate series doesn't really.
  • TiberianTiberian Member Posts: 2
    I see. Did IWD2 had something like that too?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Also, Neera's lines in several dialogues in BG2EE are based on your character's class.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    Tiberian said:

I see. Did IWD2 had something like that too?

I think it did. I remember in Targos, my grey dwarf had a special dialogue about translating the goblin language. It's a shame the BG series doesn't have that type of thing.