Skip to content

[GUI Mod] BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE (for v1.3 only)

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Pecca Also, possible to remove this:
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Pecca, you and @Soulmarine are awesome! Is there any [How to...] guide for such GUI-change? In any language. I write a full-modding guide "from A to Z" in Russian, and need this knowledge very much
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    @Pecca @Soulmarine I get the impression that I'm in the minority on this one, but I actually like the BG1EE GUI better, lol. Is there any way for you to add an option, or make a separate mod, that would allow you to play BG2EE with the BG1EE GUI? No big deal if no-can-do, though. Just wanted to ask.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    @ALIEN: Try this. There are no GUI elements just the map.
    JuliusBorisovALIEN
    @Saigon1983: I gathered some advices in this post: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/625425/#Comment_625425
    It's not complete yet though.
    @Ser_Elryk: Unfortunately, that's just too much work. I won't do it.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Pecca, thanks, I've already found this))
    @Pecca OMG IT'S FUCKING AMAZING JUST LOOK AT THIS !
    PeccaJuliusBorisovlunar
  • GeekUSAGeekUSA Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    I see this hasn't been updated in a while, but I just wanted to point out a very small quickfix I made. In NI I noticed that guichap.chu points to a bg2 (I think) file for the chapter one transition, so the art never shows up in game. I just switched it to point to guichp1b.mos and it works perfectly. THanks for all your hard work on this, the game looks so great with this mod!

This is the chu file in the Background addon only btw :)
    @GeekUSA: Fixed, thanks. It's quite strange it was there all that time.
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    I'm confused. Which files do we download from that site? Does the GUI Switch v1.41 include all the others?
    @cbarchuk: gui switch v1.41 file is only base mod. To apply the tweaks you must download the separate files.
  • aquabalenoaquabaleno Member Posts: 1
    @Pecca thx for this awesome mod ! I have a problem with the background mod not working with geminibruni Improved GUI mod in the main menu screen and if I install the background mod after the Improved GUI mod it gets broken.
    btw here's the Install order of GUI mods:
    1.GUI Switch v1.41
    2.GUI Switch Tweaks
    3.GUI Switch Tweaks - Window Edges
    4.GUI Switch Tweaks - Background
    5.Improved GUI
    thx again !
    @aquabaleno: sorry, you need to solve that with geminibruni. I don't know how he handles compatibility.
  • PastymagePastymage Member Posts: 1
    Has this been tested on Windows 8.1? Also, I was supposed to do the Gibberlings Widescreen mod (3.07) first, right? The WS mod seems to work, though everything is in the top-left corner. But as soon as I put the 1.41 files into override, the game instantly crashes on execute.
    @Pastymage: this mod is only meant and tested for enhanced edition. With EE there is no need for widescreen mod, it has native screen resolution.I have tested it only in windows 7, so I cant really say but I dont see why it shouldnt work on w8, although it is so utterly bad system that I wouldnt be surprised at all if it didnt.
    Matthias Rebelcolth
  • Matthias RebelcolthMatthias Rebelcolth Member Posts: 2
    Hi, just got the game and wanted to try the gui from BG2 but when i opened up the link and saw 8 downloads i got confused, even with your direction, what order should i install them, and thank you for all the hard work you put in
    edited July 2015
    @Matthias Rebelcolth: Yeah, I should do something with that. The core mod is "GUI Switch v1.41 (Windows, Mac).rar" is you are on PC and then:
    GUI Switch Tweaks (Windows, Mac).rar - for some gui ingame changes
    GUI Switch Tweaks - Background (Windows, Mac).rar - for background in the main menu with unscaled interface
    GUI Switch Tweaks - Window Edges (Windows, Mac).rar - ingame window edges - see screenshot with candlekeep map

PS: If you have a name with two separate words, people can't tag you. I recomend putting _ between.
    SomeoneElse
  • Matthias RebelcolthMatthias Rebelcolth Member Posts: 2
    thanks a bunch Pecca for the timely response, I'll be doing this now
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Matthias for asking about the install order, I was also confused by this :)

Weidu has made life too easy for us haha.
  • jediofthecodejediofthecode Member Posts: 3
    @Pecca I installed the v1.1 mod for the transparent bars but it crashed bg when i try to load a game. I also had the Gui mod installed(windows, edges, bg's and tweaks), not sure if that's why, I really want to get it working like this:

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/b4/1ac98a9f49b0c13a9d1a8fb616e616.png
    @jediofthecode: I just checked and it works for me. So you have to give me more details. What is your game's version, what mods exactly have you installed and in what order?
  • aweigh0101aweigh0101 Member Posts: 3
    how do i make the transparent sidebars install from Weidu? i did the mklink and have weidu running but i don't know what to type to get the magical files inside the transparent sidebar folder to become part of the game. :)
  • xxTheGoDxxxxTheGoDxx Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2015
    Sorry if this was already answered, but is this mod also available: https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/93/1dadc29423e480e05bbde98ad7f7b9.png

I wouldn't mind having the icons cut off like in the screenshot
    @xxTheGoDxx: That mod is not available, I was only testing possibilities. The only mod I released is "transparent sidebars" which is still in beta.
    Original: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/535385/#Comment_535385
    Version v1.1: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/591040/#Comment_591040
  • xxTheGoDxxxxTheGoDxx Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for answering :-) I am not really into transparent GUI so I guess BG2:EE GUI in BG:EE must do :-)
    Pecca said:

@ALIEN: Try this. There are no GUI elements just the map.

For quick BWS addon, I'm adding "override" folder inside rar.
  • dady977dady977 Member Posts: 13
    Hello, I downloaded your mod with BWS (BiG World Setup) and when it was extracted to my game folder, my game kept crashing whenever I click on start new game, and these files were the problem, take a look at the following link:
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/?p=586324

I would be in your debt if you could tell me how to fix it, I'm using BG2: EE, Windows 7 64-bit.
    @dady977: I have little knowledge of BWS, however in any case I still can't upload any files on SHS. Tagging @ALIEN
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @dady977 discovered that her game crashes if and only if the .chu files from this mod are in her override folder. BWS was used to download this mod and extract file from it into the override folder, but not to run any WeiDU installers. There is a screenshot of dady977's override folder on the SHS thread that she linked above, showing just the .chu files from this mod (she removed everything else from the override folder, to isolate which files were causing her game to crash). @Pecca - can you look at that screenshot and tell us if there are any necessary files missing?