Skip to content

Suggest me class/kit mods for IWD:EE please <3

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
Hello! I plan doing a second run of IWD:EE far in the future. Unlike my first run I plan to do the expansion on my second playthrough and such.

Anyway, what are some cool class/kit mods for IWD:EE that you all would suggest? I currently only use Tome and Blood so if the mods could be compatible with that one it'd be super cool.

Preemptively saying thanks n_n

Also, not sure if this should go in the modding or IWD:EE forum >_> If I have the wrong place just say.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Check the OP here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36477/list-iwd-ee-compatible-mods/p1 - it has the special "Kits" part.

@elminster , of course, deserves mentioning for his huge A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36181/a-frosty-journey-the-iwdee-kitpack/p1
    elminster
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    bengoshi said:

Check the OP here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36477/list-iwd-ee-compatible-mods/p1 - it has the special "Kits" part.

@elminster , of course, deserves mentioning for his huge A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36181/a-frosty-journey-the-iwdee-kitpack/p1

:O! Thanks! Also, side-tangent thing. If there's one thing I love as much as Necromancy it's Fey. I see there's an Ice Priestess of Auril Kit. With Auril being the Fey princess of Air and Darkness (According to the Faerun wiki, anyway) I definitely need to do a run with that kit in my party! Maybe a gnome cleric since gnomes are related to fey. Also fits with the entire setting and stuff!
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovelminster
    edited April 2015

Just a note about that mod list: Divine Remix, Faerunian Monastic Orders, and my own Scales of Balance are listed under "overhauls" but they are in fact kit packs.

I'm playing IWDEE right now with all three of these, plus Frosty Journey and Tome & Blood. Just be aware that FMO and FJ add different versions of a couple of the same monk kits, and there are only 4 cleric kit slots available, so only the first 4 of the FJ or DR kits you install will be available in-game. (But you can use ShadowKeeper for the others; and you can add the SoB cleric kits in-game via some magic items.)

Alright, thanks! Good to see all of those are compatible because I'll most likely use all of those.

Edit: Btw, is there a certain install-order I should do or does it not matter?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterVallmyr

Here's the order I'm using now:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40092/fully-modded-iwdee-on-an-ipad

The only issues I've seen are MSFM wizard staffs are not upgrading and we don't know why; and S&S kits don't work but that's a separate EE/S&S issue.

Sorry for late reply >_>
    Anyway thanks!

I'm prob going to do a similar mod set-up as you.

Btw, would Cyric be the best deity for a Death Priest sort of character?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    Cyric isn't a deity at the time of Icewind Dale (1281). In fact he wasn't even alive at that point.

If you are using Divine Remix however you could always change the name of the kit in the mods tra file (or in the TP2 file depending upon how it is arranged) to be a kit for one of the Dead Three (Bhaal, Myrkul, or Bane).
    [Deleted User]
    elminster said:

Cyric isn't a deity at the time of Icewind Dale (1281). In fact he wasn't even alive at that point.

If you are using Divine Remix however you could always change the name of the kit in the mods tra file to be a kit for one of the Dead Three (Bhaal, Myrkul, or Bane).

That sounds like a great plan! Mrykul it is! Thank you.
    D: I did the set-up as listed but I can't make my gnome bard a dirgesinger QQ
    Will I have to just make one then EEkeeper the kit? Also, how do I give a class a kit through EEkeeper? Is it as simple as just picking the kit from the list or do I need to de-level them and then re-level them?
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    A priest of Bhaal, a priest of Bane and a priest of Myrkul enter Kresselack's Tomb...
    Hell, I guess I don't even have to finish this joke.
    Vallmyrprocco
    God said:

A priest of Bhaal, a priest of Bane and a priest of Myrkul enter Kresselack's Tomb...
    Hell, I guess I don't even have to finish this joke.

That needs to happen. XD

Anyway, going to try and re-install everything and instead just not use BG2tweaks to remove class/race restrictions since I think that screwed it up.

I'll just make a human bard dirgesinger then use EEkeeper to change her into a gnome since that seems to be easier.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Vallmyr said:

D: I did the set-up as listed but I can't make my gnome bard a dirgesinger QQ

Like I said, S&Sv6 kits don't work on IWDEE v1.4. I'm not sure what the problem is, and it's a shame, I like the Dirgesinger kit too.

You might be able to add the kit with ShadowKeeper, I haven't tested that however. If so, definitely drop the character to level 0 because I think the Dirgesinger has a level 1 CLAB effect that changes its bard song to the Dirgesinger song.
    oh derp, I totally missed that. Thanks! XD

Also, in EE:Keeper all bard the kits are missing but there are like 20 acrobat kits.
    Odd.

Anyway, thanks again for the link for your install order n_n
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I made a party of 6 that i intend to reduce to 5.

First character: Cavalier human
    2°: Fighter/Priest half-orc
    3°: Archer
    4°: Kensai (gonna dual-class to druid after lvl 13)
    5: Shadow Dancer (gonna dual to mage after lvl 13)
    6: Bard

I'm probally gonna dump this bard, too much ppl in the party.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Don't dump the bard in IWDEE. Her songs are awesome!
    kamuizin
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    bengoshi said:

Don't dump the bard in IWDEE. Her songs are awesome!

I second that. Bards are freaking awesome in IWD. Really the backbone of the party. And Druids, too.
    kamuizin
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Yes, i didn't dumped no one in the end, and the bard song is really awesome!
    JuliusBorisov