Skip to content

Madness... But we need to know... Who would win in a fight involving these great characters!

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
I have started a few polls today... They have turned into heated affairs. As requested by Bjjorick, I have a list of well known characters from the Forgotten Realms and Beyond!

What we are trying to find out is Who would win in a fight to the death! cheating, cunning and trickery is positively encouraged! But the cheating, cunning and trickery have to be carried out by said character (no Robin you cannot help Batman...)

You Decide!
  1. Madness... But we need to know... Who would win in a fight involving these great characters!118 votes
    1. Darth Vader
      13.56%
    2. Drizzt
        4.24%
    3. Elminster
      31.36%
    4. James Bond
        5.08%
    5. Optimus Prime
        4.24%
    6. Batman
      11.86%
    7. Szass Tam
        2.54%
    8. Superman
      11.86%
    9. Irenicuss
      13.56%
    10. Manshoon
        1.69%

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    After making this I found this very hard. Have you ever seen James Bond lose? Could James Bond defeat Drizzt? Wouldn't Optimus Prime simply stamp on James Bond? Then I thought... Who has access to nuclear weaponry...
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2012
    The Batman Mage, so Elminster. Though Player Character should have been a choice.
    Would a sphere of Invulnerability stop a nuclear blast... errrm... Dimension door would get you out of the way though... Brain overload... I just don't know!
    @ZelgadisGW Now Darth Vader could well tell Elminster that these aint the droids your looking for and make him blast everyone else before choking him with the hand signal for OK...

But I think Optimus Prime would then stamp on him... I JUST DON'T KNOW!
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @anduin geez, the answer is simple, nuclear weapon? polymorph self, form of a cockroach. Is that really the best you've got? lol
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I want Saxton Hale an option :(

But seriously, Elminster is an old badass. He wins against all of these guys :p
    @Bjjorick And then STAMP on said cockroach!
    WHAT? i picked batman? WTF?
    lol, not sure what i did wrong, but even with me voting wrong, batman will win. 2 votes (should have mentioned bond was played by connery, you would have gotten a few votes). :)
    @Bjjorick I thought I had won you round with my elegant posts! James Bond is two clicks away dude!
    edited August 2012
    Okay early voting shows that Elminster and James Bond have an early lead ( @Bjjorick stay quiet...shshh)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    Superman is pretty much invincible unless they have kryptonite, which I don't think the worlds the others come from do.

And James Bond is in there? He's there but not Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Bryan Mills, or John Reese? Any one of those four would tear Bond a new one.

EDIT: I didn't see Batman there. He does have kryptonite, and he could just be a pussy and whip it out and kill Superman.
    no, the ballot was confusing? geez, of all the times to make a stupid mistake, i'll be on here talking how awesome batman is while labelled with the inferior james bond. oy

btw, been watching too much futurama, why that was the best answer i could come up with :)
    @Awong124 I believe James Bond would put a gun to Louis Lanes head and say "Make me". Darth Vader could also choke him to death as he needs to breath. Superman is bullet proof, but Optimus Prime could test his tolerance to a fusion cannon. Elminster could charm him to kill everyone else then make him commit suicide by breaking his own neck. Who needs Kryptonite?
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Manshoon would just have several clones hidden as backup till he finishes everyone off!

@Awong124 superman doesn't have a chance, he's weaker to magic a 1000 times more than to kryptonite.
    @Awong124 Not saying your wrong though! Anyone of these characters could on the day win... But if that day came...
    @Awong124
    Awong124 said:

And James Bond is in there? He's there but not Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Bryan Mills, or John Reese? Any one of those four would tear Bond a new one.

James Bond was the original.
    @Anduin But does Darth Vader's Force Choke forcibly constrict the airway, or does it evacuate the air from someone's lungs? If it's the former, then whether or not the force choke is strong enough to constrict Superman's airways is debatable.

@ekster Is he now, is he...

In any case, I don't particularly like Superman, but I think he'd win nonetheless.
    @Awong124 Darth Vader could always chop his head off with a lightsaber? Is his neck lightsaber proof? LOL loving this thread for the images it is putting in my brain! What do you think would happen with Superman / James Bond with Louis Lane stand off?
    @anduin

i had thought to mention to NOT put BG chars on a BG board, but i thought nah, surely he wouldn't. We're both going to lose to elmster. :P
    @Anduin I thought Superman was just completely physically invulnerable. So I would think it could withstand lightsaber.

As for Bond holding Lois hostage, Superman can move faster than the speed of light (as seen in one of the movies where he turns back time), he'd take Bond's gun and shove it up his ass before he has time to blink.
    @Bjjorick Elminster is giving me trouble... I cannot fathom directly how James Bond could beat him. Darth Vader could. Actually superman running up to him at the speed of light and then headbutting him might just kill him.
    @Awong124
    Awong124 said:

As for Bond holding Lois hostage, Superman can move faster than the speed of light (as seen in one of the movies where he turns back time), he'd take Bond's gun and shove it up his ass before he has time to blink.

L O L ! :P Errrm... errr. James Bond always carries Kryptonite up his ass to avoid just that scenario happening!

@anduin Oooh, i like a challenge. Bond studies his opponent, much like batman, and has access to alot of gear. Bond would defeat elminster by gagging him/spraying him with foam in the mouth. Then he could defeat him easily. Superman, well, pieces of kypton have been known to surface but superman get his strength from the sun. Different sun, no powers. Bond could lure him to a different solar system and wait until S was weak enough to tackle, and then he's just a man.

Vader is the problem. The only chance of defeating vader would have to blowing up the death star/in fighter pilot combat. If he had an army, he could take out vader with blasters, as he could only deflect so many shots, but other then those two options, there would be no hope.

Batman could beat vader though. :)
    Okay... After 16 votes and a heated exchange on the powers of some of our heroes, Elminster still leading, closely followed by, Darth Vader, with Irrenicus and James Bond (ahem) bringing up the rear. Optimus Prime and Szass Tam are the only two not to get a vote, which is strange as Optimus Prime is a huge robot from another planet entrusted with the power of the matrix and Szass Tam is already dead... so pretty hard to make him deader.
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2012
    Batman would not fight to the death. Nevertheless he would beat them all. Superior stealth, equipment and preparation. Not saying it would be easy though.
    Sam Fisher and Solid Snake are missing in the list - both of them sh*t on James Bond (but still no match for good ol' Bats).
    Furthermore Batman has one of the most realistic super powers: money.

Edit:

Darth Vader: heavily impaired since he lost half his body, ysalamiri, cortosis
    Drizzt: hard match since he is not easy to sneak by, but still has less money and equipment
    Elminster: Cloak of Non-Detection, Scroll: Immunity to Magic - sry old man
    James Bond: totally overrated - not really a match
    Optimus Prime: too big, vulnerable to EMP, too fast to catch if he doesn't want to fight though
    Szass Tam: just get the phylactery - not even a fight necessary
    Superman: lame dude, heavily exploit his weakness to cryptonite
    Irenicus: weak version of elminster, overconfident
    Manshoon: again Cloak of Non-Detection and Scroll: Immunity to Magic
    Post edited by SeriousMike on
    @SeriousMike James Bond has the backing and the wealth of a nation behind him... so there! LOL

Wanted to include Solid Snake but had no more room, 10s the limit. Was heavy on Forgotten Realms characters as this is a BG forum :P
    @seriousmike

amen, and well put

but i would love to see a royal rumble with all of these chars, solid snake running around and strapping c4 on the backs of people and then hiding under a cardboard box to escape the big boom.

man, i would pay to see this, no matter who won.
    edited August 2012
    It would be fun to have a poll of only human characters. Say:

- Batman
    - Punisher
    - Solid Snake
    - Liquid Snake
    - James Bond
    - Jason Bourne
    - Jack Bauer
    - Bryan Mills
    - John Reese