Skip to content

Android 5.0.2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Black Screen With Sound

HayzardHayzard Member Posts: 9
Since upgrading my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to Lollipop 5.0.2, I am no longer able to play BG:EE, BG2:EE or IWD:EE. I have tried all of them on their latest versions with fresh installs from the Google Play Store, but they all have the same issue. The game launches fine, I see the Beamdog logo, but then it goes to a black screen. I can still hear audio playing and I can interact with the controls I cannot see. If I get to a place where I can play movies, like the IWD intro movie I am able to see them.

All three of these games worked great on Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the same device. I would prefer not to have to rollback my device to be able to play these games again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    This is raised for BGII:EE on the link below, I'll add your information to the ticket.

At this time there is no in-game workaround advised.
    Thanks

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40761/12311-bgii-ee-should-not-show-a-blank-screen-on-android-devices
    JuliusBorisov
  • HayzardHayzard Member Posts: 9
    I searched around before posting this, but I must have missed it. Thank you for the quick reply. I'll be keeping an eye on that thread and hoping for a resolution soon.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Hayzard - This is a bit of a nuclear suggestion, so back up your saves and/or characters first, but--if you uninstall and then reinstall the game, does that fix the problem? What we're considering as a possibility is that the installation is grabbing the resources needed for one version of Android, but then when your Android version upgrades it needs a different set of resources. If that's the case it may be a fair bit easier to fix on our end.
  • HayzardHayzard Member Posts: 9
    @Dee - I've tried the nuclear option already. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times (tried IWD:EE, BG1:EE, and BG2:EE). I also factory reset my tablet and reinstalled the games and still had the same issue.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Okay, thanks for the information; I'll pass that along.
  • GTazDevilGTazDevil Member Posts: 12
    Same issue. Tab S lollipop 5.0.2. Been a few weeks now. any news on this bug. Cant play any games at all. refunded them all until this is resolved
  • AmscrayAmscray Member Posts: 1
    Same issue on 5.0.2 Fix would be greatly appeciated.
    Hi @Amscray if you join this community you should be able to opt into beta's for whichever game(s) you own. If you expand the community comment about Samsung Android devices the links are there.
    Thanks

https://plus.google.com/communities/117936851041141665592
  • DjVagonDjVagon Member Posts: 1
    Same problem as others, black screen after a beam dog logo on both BG and BG2. Running Samsung galaxy tab s on android 5.0.2. Can't role back to android 4. Please help. Thank you.
    edited September 2015
    @DjVagon does the beta available on the previous link help?
  • conchobhar88conchobhar88 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,
    I seem to have a similar reoccurring issue. As soon as I load a game it will run for a few moments and then flicker on the screen with the music playing and clicking will still work but no reaction on the flickering screen itself. For me this only seems to happen on BGii and not on Throne of Bhaal. Is this the same issue?

Thanks in advance!
    C
  • conchobhar88conchobhar88 Member Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    I seem to have a similar reoccurring issue. As soon as I load a game it will run for a few moments and then flicker on the screen with the music playing and clicking will still work but no reaction on the flickering screen itself. For me this only seems to happen on BGii and not on Throne of Bhaal. Is this the same issue?

Thanks in advance!
    C

Throne of Bhaal is also affected. i'm playing on an asus transformer tft101 with android 4.0.3. forgot to add that earlier. Cheers again!