Skip to content

The three wishes game

2»

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Erm, you didn't do that though, or at least thats my view. I'm not going to make an issue out of it, but that seems like a really, really tenuous link. If you were my DM, I'd find a new one or quit probably. Your thread your baby though.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Fair enough. But let me ask you. If you were the DM in that situation, given that the entire point is to totally mess up anyone who takes the wishes, how would YOU have handled it.

This entire thread came to mind as I was reading Terry Pratchett's 'Eric'. The Character of Eric Mistakes Rincewind for a Demon who can grant wishes. Every wish that he asks for gets granted (for reasons explained in the book) but gets horribly perverted. As for instance, when he wishes to live for ever, he gets sent back to the dawn of time so that he can live literally every instant through all of time (the literal definition of forever). He asks to be ruler of all and so he gets made ruler of all and then sent to some place where the people aren't happy about that and, well you get the idea. Without further ruining the book for anyone who hasn't read it, you understand that no matter how simple the wish, it always goes horribly and EPICLY wrong.

In my view, simply making everyone forget about you wouldn't have fulfilled the full extent of the wish. However it might merely have been simpler to make it such that the gene wipes you from existence, period. That would have done the same thing, but merely a forget spell seemed quite anti-climactic.

BTW, I really liked the solution of "I wish for unlimited wishes." being turned into "You are a gene and have unlimited wishes, but you can't use any of them yourself and have to spend all eternity granting them to other people." that was perfect in my view.

My turn. I wish people would get my sense o humor.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

My turn. I wish people would get my sense o humor.

I steal your sense of humour leaving you Humourless and unable to laugh at anything.

How I wish,how I wish you were here
    LOL. I walked into that one. :smile:
    It was a cunning trap...
    wubble said:

How I wish,how I wish you were here

Wish granted. Given the size of the Universe, and "Here" being relative TO that Universe, anything within 100,000 parsecs should qualify as "Here". Now, where are your keys?

• skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    I was thinking that @wubble and @the_spyder should occupy the exact same point in space and time forming a weird but ultimately short lived hybrid. I wish I didn't have to make a wish

I wish I didn't have to make a wish

You are no longer allowed to play the wishing game ;)

I wish I could think of another wish.
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    wubble said:

You are no longer allowed to play the wishing game ;)

I wish I could think of another wish.
    Here's a wish for you: wish for a way to unsubscribe supposedly from Guess the Next Poster thread

Wish granted. You never HAVE to make a wish.
    edited April 2015
    ***deleted because it just didn't appear as funny as I thought it would and just came out as poor taste. ****