Skip to content

The three wishes game

the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
Ok, so here is how it goes. One poster will post a finely worded wish (I know it says three, but just go with it) about something that they wish would happen to them. Then someone else has to deconstruct that wish and respond with at least one way in which that wish could be misinterpreted or go wrong. Then they list their own wish.

The cliche example would be someone says "I wish for a million bucks" and is suddenly trampled to death by several hundred thousand male deer.

Got it?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I wish somebody would hoy me some canny scran. ;)
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I wish I understood that wish. :(
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Your wish is granted.

I think he wants a pack of lightly sauteed soul to come and feast on his liver. At least near as I can translate.

And This comes to visit:

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited April 2015
    essentially this is twisted metal?

I am super simple lol. I wish to play Metal Gear Phantom Pain now, bug free, feature complete, not changed from Kojima's vision, from start to finish. Try to mess up that one calypso! At least I am unlikely to die in the end :)
    wubble said:

I wish somebody would hoy me some canny scran. ;)

I think he wants a pack of lightly sauteed soul to come and feast on his liver. At least near as I can translate.

I was attempting to use geordie to say "I wish someone would give me some nice food".
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

Hey Presto. Wish granted. You get to play Metal Gear Phantom Pain.... From the villain's perspective, in real life.

hmmm... the lines will be blurred on that one. I still don't know who the true villain is going to be! This is the moment where Big Boss is turning into the villain of MG1 and 2, but is there a greater villain in the story? if I were to be the villain I may just be playing the game as it is, but in real life.

won't make another as I pretty much just did and the last one was answered already, but I did have to say that villains and antagonists are very blurry in the MG universe, and I may indeed be playing a villain in September when I finally get it.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I wish to be able to have two more of my wishes granted as soon as I wish for them.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I doubt an Arabic speaking Genie that has managed to learn American during the filming of Aladdin would be likely to speak Geordie... lord knows nobody else does! :wink: I had a Geordie professor, was a right decent bloke, but he'd been in Canada for a long time, and his accent was quite manageable.

@deltago Your genie listens carefully, and catches you asking for things in the cosmic sense, and makes those your wishes, which does NOT end well.

After making two well thought out wishes, I wish the genie would forget I ever existed, and that he already granted me two wishes.
    DreadKhan said:

After making two well thought out wishes, I wish the genie would forget I ever existed, and that he already granted me two wishes.

He gives you your two wishes and then whipes your entire existence from reality and dumps you somewhere no one will ever meet or know you or about you.

Out of curiosity, how would one confuse forgetting something with moving something? Mind you, I think you'd be safe with a-hole Genie by just making everyone forget me, on the grounds I was fishing for wishes, and I did not specify he not make EVERYONE forget me. That'd be my angle, but to each their own.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My third wish would always be to set the Djinn free.
    That one is dangerous enough all by itself, I feel.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    edited April 2015
    Ok @DreadKhan how about the genie spots the aura of its magic doesn't remember giving it to you and presumes you stole it somehow. It kills you as punishment and a lesson to other thieves .

Edit: suppose I have to make a wish now how about I wish people would stop trying to make my life miserable (long story. Not going into it just wanted a wish. )
    Post edited by skinnydragon on
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    I wish for unlimited wishes.
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2015
    @supposedly

Wish granted! You now have unlimited wishes... BUT EACH ONE WILL BACKFIRE ON YOU! Wait a second, they kinda' already... uh...

I wish for an omelette!

@supposedly

Wish granted! You now have unlimited wishes... BUT EACH ONE WILL BACKFIRE ON YOU! Wait a second, they kinda' already... uh...

I wish for an omelette!

*makes an omelette with eggs infected with Avian Flu, Salmonela and Listeria, but DOES NOT TELL YOU UNTIL YOU'VE EATEN IT ALREADY!*

Bwuahahaaha!

I wish I was pleasantly, mildly bored all the time.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I wish for unlimited wishes.

You are now a genie having to put up with the masses of people expecting you to grant their wish.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited April 2015
    Wish granted! You are now a soft, moldy board!

I wish...for a can of peas!
    Nimran said:

Wish granted! You are now a soft, moldy board!

I wish...for a can of peas!

You eat the can o fpeas and all seems well, however a couple of hours later you feel discomfort in your lower abdomen. The peas are travelling down your urethra.

I wish for beer!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    You get Bud Light!
    I wish for a rent-controlled apartment.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    You get an apartment controlled by rent. Any time you want to open the door or turn on the light you have to pay a weeks rent. I wish I was healthy
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    You are now so healthy that you're immune to disease and become immortal. Life slowly loses its luster and you go insane after the first thousand years or so.

I wish for a Bud Lite.
    jackjack said:

You get Bud Light!

Too mean!
    As you drink the terrible beer, you see everyone else enjoying an Innis and Gunn. You are filled with despair, having wasted your wish on a beer that tastes like mosquito piss and is about as strong. You hang yourself in shame.

I wish I had a pleasant restful sleep every night, with a pleasant dream.
    DreadKhan said:

As you drink the terrible beer, you see everyone else enjoying an Innis and Gunn. You are filled with despair, having wasted your wish on a beer that tastes like mosquito piss and is about as strong. You hang yourself in shame.

I wish I had a pleasant restful sleep every night, with a pleasant dream.

You fall into a coma and don't wake up again for the remainder of your life.

I wish I didn't have to pay uni fees.
    Your university rusticates you. No more fees!

I wish @wubble was readmitted to uni. :wink:
    DreadKhan said:

Out of curiosity, how would one confuse forgetting something with moving something? Mind you, I think you'd be safe with a-hole Genie by just making everyone forget me, on the grounds I was fishing for wishes, and I did not specify he not make EVERYONE forget me. That'd be my angle, but to each their own.

The point is to take the exact wording of the wish and mess with the wisher such that the outcome is worse than any potential benefit. You wished to not be remembered. He made it so that you would never be remembered by anyone.... EVER. And what better way to make that happen then to send you somewhere. Besides, merely making everyone forget you isn't really that bad comparatively.